Next trick: Cancel ADSL

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Post Reply
kyteflyer
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:56 pm
Location: Newcastle, Australia

Next trick: Cancel ADSL

Post by kyteflyer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Thanks to KavidaS and exetel, my NBN is now going swimmingly.

However I have no idea who to get to cancel the ADSL I no longer need to have? Can a rep on here do that for me and organise pro rated reimbursement of moneys paid today for ADSL?

Also, how does billing work on NBN? Same as on ADSL?

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2063
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Next trick: Cancel ADSL

Post by KavindaS » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:41 am

kyteflyer wrote:Thanks to KavidaS and exetel, my NBN is now going swimmingly.

However I have no idea who to get to cancel the ADSL I no longer need to have? Can a rep on here do that for me and organise pro rated reimbursement of moneys paid today for ADSL?

Also, how does billing work on NBN? Same as on ADSL?
Thank you for the feedback. :)

You may have to drop an email from your nominated email address to provisioning@exetel.com.au requesting the both pro rated and the cancellation of the previous ADSL. You can call and request them during the business hours.

Billing system works as the same. 14th of each month is the invoice issue date and 28th of each month is the due date.

kyteflyer
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:56 pm
Location: Newcastle, Australia

Re: Next trick: Cancel ADSL

Post by kyteflyer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:55 am

KavindaS wrote:
Thank you for the feedback. :)

You may have to drop an email from your nominated email address to provisioning@exetel.com.au requesting the both pro rated and the cancellation of the previous ADSL. You can call and request them during the business hours.

Billing system works as the same. 14th of each month is the invoice issue date and 28th of each month is the due date.
Thanks for that...

Currently I have this completely mad situation where my ADSL is still active and so is the landline, and NBN is still showing as pending. I'm using a VDSL connection on the modem and am getting the speeds I've requested, but I thought that once that happened, ADSL would stop working entirely, as would my landline phone. Am I wrong in having made this assumption?

Also, why still pending?

[edit] I have emailed provisioning as you suggested :)

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2063
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Next trick: Cancel ADSL

Post by KavindaS » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:56 pm

kyteflyer wrote:
KavindaS wrote:
Thank you for the feedback. :)

You may have to drop an email from your nominated email address to provisioning@exetel.com.au requesting the both pro rated and the cancellation of the previous ADSL. You can call and request them during the business hours.

Billing system works as the same. 14th of each month is the invoice issue date and 28th of each month is the due date.
Thanks for that...

Currently I have this completely mad situation where my ADSL is still active and so is the landline, and NBN is still showing as pending. I'm using a VDSL connection on the modem and am getting the speeds I've requested, but I thought that once that happened, ADSL would stop working entirely, as would my landline phone. Am I wrong in having made this assumption?

Also, why still pending?

[edit] I have emailed provisioning as you suggested :)
Could you please paste the email ticket reference number that you have received after the sending the email. I can get them to check on this and update you soon.

kyteflyer
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:56 pm
Location: Newcastle, Australia

Re: Next trick: Cancel ADSL

Post by kyteflyer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:03 pm

Thanks again, the ticket number appears to be [Your ticket number is - #11317615#] The autoresponder said they would reply within 2 days, but if you can get them to respond sooner, that would be excellent :)

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2063
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Next trick: Cancel ADSL

Post by KavindaS » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:42 pm

kyteflyer wrote:Thanks again, the ticket number appears to be [Your ticket number is - #11317615#] The autoresponder said they would reply within 2 days, but if you can get them to respond sooner, that would be excellent :)
I have internally escalated and i will follow up and try to get a response during tomorrow.

kyteflyer
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:56 pm
Location: Newcastle, Australia

Re: Next trick: Cancel ADSL

Post by kyteflyer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:17 am

Brilliant!

Just got a text to say its activated, all good, its showing properly in my account now, so I will look forward to email confirmation in the next couple of days, as well as some kind of recognition that I need to be reimbursed some (would be nice if that could be applied to the first bill for NBN but no matter, its all good :))

And I love that the network provider is NBNCo, not Optus as some have found in some of the newer RSPs.

Thanks again, you deserve a medal!

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2063
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Next trick: Cancel ADSL

Post by KavindaS » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:27 am

kyteflyer wrote:Brilliant!

Just got a text to say its activated, all good, its showing properly in my account now, so I will look forward to email confirmation in the next couple of days, as well as some kind of recognition that I need to be reimbursed some (would be nice if that could be applied to the first bill for NBN but no matter, its all good :))

And I love that the network provider is NBNCo, not Optus as some have found in some of the newer RSPs.

Thanks again, you deserve a medal!
Credit request has been already arranged now and it is under the Billing department. They will confirm to you after the completion of the process. :)

Post Reply