Pricing for new customers

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
GreyFox

Pricing for new customers

Post by GreyFox » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 pm

Checking the Exetel website, I noticed that the price for my NBN plan is somewhat less than I'm paying. I thought I might be able to get the new price by recontracting, but no, the price offered through the member services page is the same as I'm paying now. Is this a glitch, or is Exetel offering reduced prices to attract new customers (or increased prices to repel existing customers)?

trev

Re: Pricing for new customers

Post by trev » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:53 pm

On occasion, Exetel is taking advantage (as a customer) of promotions from their suppliers which only apply to the acquisition of new customers.

You don't mention the service you are comparing, so it's hard to know your situation.

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:04 pm

GreyFox wrote:Checking the Exetel website, I noticed that the price for my NBN plan is somewhat less than I'm paying. I thought I might be able to get the new price by recontracting, but no, the price offered through the member services page is the same as I'm paying now. Is this a glitch, or is Exetel offering reduced prices to attract new customers (or increased prices to repel existing customers)?
Hi

Please be advised that we provide the same plan pricing to existing and new customers currently. The plan pricing will depend on the address and the accessibility to the network. We could arrange a call back to further discuss available plan options.

Kind Regards

Nicole

GreyFox

Post by GreyFox » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:13 pm

I've checked again, providing my address on the Exetel website, for my current plan - 25/5Mbps, 100GB, the price is $49.99. If I go to user facilities, the same plan for a 12 month contract is $69.99. If it's incentive pricing then that's a legitimate business practice, but I've been with Exetel for a while now and hadn't seen it before so I thought it would be worthwhile to ask.

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:08 pm

GreyFox wrote:I've checked again, providing my address on the Exetel website, for my current plan - 25/5Mbps, 100GB, the price is $49.99. If I go to user facilities, the same plan for a 12 month contract is $69.99. If it's incentive pricing then that's a legitimate business practice, but I've been with Exetel for a while now and hadn't seen it before so I thought it would be worthwhile to ask.
HI

Looks like your address qualifies as a regional area, hence the price difference. However, taking in to consideration that you have been along standing customer we will provide the 25/5mbps 100GB plan for $49.99. An agent will call you to assist with the plan change.

Kind Regards

Nicole

GreyFox

Post by GreyFox » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks Nicole,

Chantel called and fixed it all up. I was surprised to find there was different pricing for regional customers. The Exetel public website doesn't seem to take this into account. (This probably needs some attention, so you don't end up with disappointed customers or loss-making contracts.)

I really thought the NBN would be more egalitarian...

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:11 am

GreyFox wrote:Thanks Nicole,

Chantel called and fixed it all up. I was surprised to find there was different pricing for regional customers. The Exetel public website doesn't seem to take this into account. (This probably needs some attention, so you don't end up with disappointed customers or loss-making contracts.)

I really thought the NBN would be more egalitarian...
HI

Thank you and we appreciate your feedback, we have escalated this to the relevant team.

Kind Regards

Nicole