NBN Dropping out on FTTN

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Post Reply
Nigel.Mullen
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:46 pm
Location: Newcastle

NBN Dropping out on FTTN

Post by Nigel.Mullen » Wed May 10, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi Guys, connected to the NBN on 26/4/2017 asked for 100MB plan and received 28MB speed. Too far from the NODE apparently. ( Well planned NBN.....NOT)
Anyway yesterday I noticed that the Modem was reconnecting every 3- 4 minutes and also my old phone line( NOT NEW VOIP Phone) has gone and there is a constant engaged signal on the line. Anyone else had this experience since connecting to the NBN?

Nathanael S
Exetel Staff
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: NBN Dropping out on FTTN

Post by Nathanael S » Wed May 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Nigel.Mullen wrote:Hi Guys, connected to the NBN on 26/4/2017 asked for 100MB plan and received 28MB speed. Too far from the NODE apparently. ( Well planned NBN.....NOT)
Anyway yesterday I noticed that the Modem was reconnecting every 3- 4 minutes and also my old phone line( NOT NEW VOIP Phone) has gone and there is a constant engaged signal on the line. Anyone else had this experience since connecting to the NBN?
We have responded to your query via email. Please respond if you have any issues. ref: 11510735

Nigel.Mullen
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:46 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: NBN Dropping out on FTTN

Post by Nigel.Mullen » Thu May 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Nathanael S wrote:
Nigel.Mullen wrote:Hi Guys, connected to the NBN on 26/4/2017 asked for 100MB plan and received 28MB speed. Too far from the NODE apparently. ( Well planned NBN.....NOT)
Anyway yesterday I noticed that the Modem was reconnecting every 3- 4 minutes and also my old phone line( NOT NEW VOIP Phone) has gone and there is a constant engaged signal on the line. Anyone else had this experience since connecting to the NBN?
We have responded to your query via email. Please respond if you have any issues. ref: 11510735
Thank you for responding to half my question, what about the continuous dropping out of my connection, it is unusable. I cannot work and cannot make phone calls. If we have an emergency, we cannot call anyone!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Amila Fernando
Forum Admin
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Australia

Re: NBN Dropping out on FTTN

Post by Amila Fernando » Thu May 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Nigel.Mullen wrote:
Nathanael S wrote:
Nigel.Mullen wrote:Hi Guys, connected to the NBN on 26/4/2017 asked for 100MB plan and received 28MB speed. Too far from the NODE apparently. ( Well planned NBN.....NOT)
Anyway yesterday I noticed that the Modem was reconnecting every 3- 4 minutes and also my old phone line( NOT NEW VOIP Phone) has gone and there is a constant engaged signal on the line. Anyone else had this experience since connecting to the NBN?
We have responded to your query via email. Please respond if you have any issues. ref: 11510735
Thank you for responding to half my question, what about the continuous dropping out of my connection, it is unusable. I cannot work and cannot make phone calls. If we have an emergency, we cannot call anyone!!!!!!!!!
We have made some changes to your service. Kindly monitor your service & let us know if you have any further issues to proceed with investigations.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Post Reply