Plan speed change did not go in to effect yet (resolved)

Fibre broadband and trials

Plan speed change did not go in to effect yet (resolved)

Postby Franpa on Sun May 14, 2017 4:25 pm

I ordered a change to 25/5 speed a while ago and now it is the 14th so the speed change should be going in to effect today. I know it is not the end of the 14th so it could happen later on today, I'm just checking that the request wasn't ignored.
Last edited by Franpa on Mon May 22, 2017 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1500MHZ RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem
Franpa

Re: Plan speed change did not go in to effect yet

Postby HimaJ on Sun May 14, 2017 5:15 pm

We have sent you an email update to your nominated email address via the ticket number : 11575172.

Please go through the email and reply via the same email thread.
HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Postby Franpa on Sun May 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Done.
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1500MHZ RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem
Franpa

Postby Franpa on Tue May 16, 2017 12:29 am

I sent "2) Increase our connection plan speed to 25/5Mbps (It should be free to upgrade to a dearer plan)." to the Provision department via email on the 14th of April, on the 21st of April I had received confirmation that the Provision department had forwarded the request to the Sales department. I then didn't hear anything more about it so I assumed everything was kosher/good. (I then realized it'd be $20 to upgrade since I'm not on contract, but that's okay)

I was contacted today and we'll (me and Exetel) sort this all out tomorrow, they're going to apply the speed change within 24 hours of the finalized request tomorrow. Edit: We've now organized the plan speed change.

(really though, I did organize this well in advance of the 14th of this month so I'm a little irked that I was seemingly lied to on the 21st but I didn't organize this the official way via "My Exetel" so I can kind of understand this mishap, to a small degree).

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

I've sent an email about the below stuff, to the Billing email address just now.

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

I'm also being charged $30 for the 30 free Emails and $45 for the free web hosting according to the upcoming bill, please remove those charges from my upcoming bill and future bills. I have never been informed of these services costing money when I asked questions regarding the transition from Telstra ADSL2 to Optus FTTN.

The website claims the emails are free and the bill PDF clearly states the webspace should also be free (I'm confused how a service clearly marked as FREE in the bill, has a cost attached to it).

The cost of porting the PSTN number to the VOiP service is incorrect and so is the monthly cost of the VOiP service (Both of these are at a lower price than they should be).

On the existing plan (with phone) the monthly cost should be $64.99, not $63.32. On the higher speed plan that I'm changing to the monthly cost should be $79.99.

I don't know why the bill is so completely wildly wrong.
Franpa

Postby Mandy on Tue May 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Franpa wrote:I sent "2) Increase our connection plan speed to 25/5Mbps (It should be free to upgrade to a dearer plan)." to the Provision department via email on the 14th of April, on the 21st of April I had received confirmation that the Provision department had forwarded the request to the Sales department. I then didn't hear anything more about it so I assumed everything was kosher/good. (I then realized it'd be $20 to upgrade since I'm not on contract, but that's okay)

I was contacted today and we'll (me and Exetel) sort this all out tomorrow, they're going to apply the speed change within 24 hours of the finalized request tomorrow. Edit: We've now organized the plan speed change.

(really though, I did organize this well in advance of the 14th of this month so I'm a little irked that I was seemingly lied to on the 21st but I didn't organize this the official way via "My Exetel" so I can kind of understand this mishap, to a small degree).

I've sent an email about the below stuff, to the Billing email address just now.

I'm also being charged $30 for the 30 free Emails and $45 for the free web hosting according to the upcoming bill, please remove those charges from my upcoming bill and future bills. I have never been informed of these services costing money when I asked questions regarding the transition from Telstra ADSL2 to Optus FTTN.

The website claims the emails are free and the bill PDF clearly states the webspace should also be free (I'm confused how a service clearly marked as FREE in the bill, has a cost attached to it).

The cost of porting the PSTN number to the VOiP service is incorrect and so is the monthly cost of the VOiP service (Both of these are at a lower price than they should be).

On the existing plan (with phone) the monthly cost should be $64.99, not $63.32. On the higher speed plan that I'm changing to the monthly cost should be $79.99.

I don't know why the bill is so completely wildly wrong.

I believe that one of Sales consultants contacted you and assisted you with the plan change, if there are further concerns, please do get back to us.

The 2nd concern has been escalated to the Billing team via 11584338, you will be contacted via E-mail shortly.
Mandy
Exetel Staff

Postby Franpa on Tue May 16, 2017 7:58 pm

I sent "2) Increase our connection plan speed to 25/5Mbps (It should be free to upgrade to a dearer plan)" to the Provision department via email on the 14th of April, on the 21st of April I had received confirmation that the Provision department had forwarded the request to the Sales department. I then didn't hear anything more about it so I assumed everything was kosher/good (I then realized it'd be $20 to upgrade since I'm not on contract). I received NO email nor phone calls telling me to go to the My Exetel area to submit the Speed Change request (that I can recall), this reinforced my assumption that everything was good and that I didn't need to do anything else (Maybe I forgot details of a phone call? You record them all right?).

On the 14th of May I noticed my internet speed hadn't increased so I inquired about it, I received an email from the Sales department telling me that there was NO request to move to a faster internet plan and to provide them with my preferred method of communication. I provided them with 3 emails: The 1st email mentions my phone number, the 2nd email mentions the date I made the email request & date my request was allegedly forwarded to the Sales department and the 3rd email mentions the Case ID of the email mentioning the request being forwarded from Provision to Sales [Provisioning #11484194].

After sending all 3 emails I received a phone call from Exetel on the 15th of May (the next day) and during the phone call it felt like the 2nd and 3rd emails were ignored because the person on the phone stated that I had not made a request even though I had clearly provided evidence to the contrary on the 14th of May. I had to re-request the plan speed change but this time it was over the phone and I did not have the required information to authorize such a thing on me at that time, so the request had to be delayed until the 16th of May.

After the phone call on the 16th of May I got an email stating I am subject to an Early Termination Fee if I cancel within a 12 month period, the person on the phone call said that the Early Termination Fee would only apply to the first 30 days after the speed change because I am not on a 12 nor 18 month contract.

Not the greatest experience so far.
Franpa

Postby Amila Fernando on Tue May 16, 2017 11:11 pm

Franpa wrote:I sent "2) Increase our connection plan speed to 25/5Mbps (It should be free to upgrade to a dearer plan)" to the Provision department via email on the 14th of April, on the 21st of April I had received confirmation that the Provision department had forwarded the request to the Sales department. I then didn't hear anything more about it so I assumed everything was kosher/good (I then realized it'd be $20 to upgrade since I'm not on contract). I received NO email nor phone calls telling me to go to the My Exetel area to submit the Speed Change request (that I can recall), this reinforced my assumption that everything was good and that I didn't need to do anything else (Maybe I forgot details of a phone call? You record them all right?).

On the 14th of May I noticed my internet speed hadn't increased so I inquired about it, I received an email from the Sales department telling me that there was NO request to move to a faster internet plan and to provide them with my preferred method of communication. I provided them with 3 emails: The 1st email mentions my phone number, the 2nd email mentions the date I made the email request & date my request was allegedly forwarded to the Sales department and the 3rd email mentions the Case ID of the email mentioning the request being forwarded from Provision to Sales [Provisioning #11484194].

After sending all 3 emails I received a phone call from Exetel on the 15th of May (the next day) and during the phone call it felt like the 2nd and 3rd emails were ignored because the person on the phone stated that I had not made a request even though I had clearly provided evidence to the contrary on the 14th of May. I had to re-request the plan speed change but this time it was over the phone and I did not have the required information to authorize such a thing on me at that time, so the request had to be delayed until the 16th of May.

After the phone call on the 16th of May I got an email stating I am subject to an Early Termination Fee if I cancel within a 12 month period, the person on the phone call said that the Early Termination Fee would only apply to the first 30 days after the speed change because I am not on a 12 nor 18 month contract.

First and foremost we offer you our sincere apologies for the delay & inconveniences caused to you. We will review your case & will check this with relevant teams.

Feel free to reply back if you have further concerns.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================
Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Postby Franpa on Wed May 17, 2017 4:24 am

I notice that My Exetel now says I am on the 25/5 plan, however power cycling the modem doesn't cause it to sync at the new speed. Is there something else I am supposed to do (power off the modem for an extended period of time, maybe?) or is the speed change still in-progress?
Franpa

Postby Mandy on Wed May 17, 2017 11:01 am

Amila Fernando wrote:
Franpa wrote:I sent "2) Increase our connection plan speed to 25/5Mbps (It should be free to upgrade to a dearer plan)" to the Provision department via email on the 14th of April, on the 21st of April I had received confirmation that the Provision department had forwarded the request to the Sales department. I then didn't hear anything more about it so I assumed everything was kosher/good (I then realized it'd be $20 to upgrade since I'm not on contract). I received NO email nor phone calls telling me to go to the My Exetel area to submit the Speed Change request (that I can recall), this reinforced my assumption that everything was good and that I didn't need to do anything else (Maybe I forgot details of a phone call? You record them all right?).

We have responded to you via E-mail, (11584996), with the required details.

Once again apologies for the inconvenience caused. We do appreciate your valuable feedback and certainly looking at ways of improving our customer service skills.
Mandy
Exetel Staff

Postby Mandy on Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 am

Franpa wrote:I notice that My Exetel now says I am on the 25/5 plan, however power cycling the modem doesn't cause it to sync at the new speed. Is there something else I am supposed to do (power off the modem for an extended period of time, maybe?) or is the speed change still in-progress?

The speed change has been completed, please do power cycle the modem, if there are further concerns please do get back to us.
Mandy
Exetel Staff

Postby Franpa on Wed May 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Please send a new invoice for the upcoming billing period. The modem is now connecting at the faster speed.

Franpa

Postby nicoler on Wed May 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Franpa wrote:Please send a new invoice for the upcoming billing period. The modem is now connecting at the faster speed.

Hi

We will check on this and get back to you via an email.

Kind Regards

Nicole
nicoler
Exetel Staff

Postby Franpa on Sat May 20, 2017 12:05 am

It looks like everything has now been sorted out, thank you all. I would still like a new invoice for the upcoming billing period which shows the erroneous fees have been fixed but I've been told by the Billing Department that this is apparently not possible for them to do.
Franpa

Return to Fibre services