Non working new Exetel Fixed Wireless service

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
hbbc

Non working new Exetel Fixed Wireless service

Post by hbbc » Mon May 22, 2017 12:19 pm

I have 2 existing services on my NBN Fixed Wireless unit due to billing reasons. Both these services work via Telstra and iiNet. Exetel have connected a third service to the 3rd port. However it doesn't appear to work. I have tried two modems configured for PPPoE with the supplied username and password. I have tried the same modem that works with iiNets service. As iiNet works with DHCP setup rather than PPPoE, I have also tried DHCP. I have alreadyed logged a fault with Exetel and they say that the NBNCo have reprovisioned the service.

The service still does not work. The other services are working fine. Does anyone know why the Exetel service doesn't work. It should be as simple as configuring PPPoE on the modems WAN port with the supplied credentials and it should then simply work.

The logs show there is a PPPoE timeout..... How will I get this fixed?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Non working new Exetel Fixed Wireless service

Post by KavindaS » Mon May 22, 2017 8:30 pm

hbbc wrote:I have 2 existing services on my NBN Fixed Wireless unit due to billing reasons. Both these services work via Telstra and iiNet. Exetel have connected a third service to the 3rd port. However it doesn't appear to work. I have tried two modems configured for PPPoE with the supplied username and password. I have tried the same modem that works with iiNets service. As iiNet works with DHCP setup rather than PPPoE, I have also tried DHCP. I have alreadyed logged a fault with Exetel and they say that the NBNCo have reprovisioned the service.

The service still does not work. The other services are working fine. Does anyone know why the Exetel service doesn't work. It should be as simple as configuring PPPoE on the modems WAN port with the supplied credentials and it should then simply work.

The logs show there is a PPPoE timeout..... How will I get this fixed?
Update this thread with the service issue reference number and I will check on this fault. It is simple as configuring PPPoE with modem or direct PC using Exetel provided credentials.