NBN frequent dropouts requiring router reboot

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
ohagas

NBN frequent dropouts requiring router reboot

Post by ohagas » Thu May 25, 2017 8:21 am

Hi

I'm on the 25/5Mbps FTTN plan for several months now. Speed is generally OK at around 22Mbps, however recently I'm getting fequent disconnects that require me to reboot the NF4V router (approximatly once per week). I have recently added a couple of smarthome devices - wireless IP cams with sensors and and am not sure if this has anything to do with it? I also checked the DNS settings in the router and they are using Google's.
Could someone please help. I assumed changing to NBN from ADSL would make my home internet a lot more stable. My wife works from home and depends on it.
Thanks

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: NBN frequent dropouts requiring router reboot

Post by KavindaS » Thu May 25, 2017 4:32 pm

ohagas wrote:Hi

I'm on the 25/5Mbps FTTN plan for several months now. Speed is generally OK at around 22Mbps, however recently I'm getting fequent disconnects that require me to reboot the NF4V router (approximatly once per week). I have recently added a couple of smarthome devices - wireless IP cams with sensors and and am not sure if this has anything to do with it? I also checked the DNS settings in the router and they are using Google's.
Could someone please help. I assumed changing to NBN from ADSL would make my home internet a lot more stable. My wife works from home and depends on it.
Thanks
Hi,

For testing purposes only, disconnect all the additional devices connected and have the modem only through an Ethernet cable to the computer. Change the DNS to primary 220.233.0.4 and secondary 220.233.0.3. Perform random times speed tests through http://speedtest.exetel.com.au/ and forward us the results to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au, confirming your 10digit service number.