No free pay-as-you-go option for Exefone (VoIP)

Fibre broadband and trials

No free pay-as-you-go option for Exefone (VoIP)

Postby eighth on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:43 am

The NBN cutoff date is looming, and it's been over a year since I've seriously studied the plan options from Exetel. I just need to get this straight: has the free pay-as-you-go Exefone VoIP plan been removed? There's no mention of VoIP anywhere on the NBN order form other than the hard-sell for the $10 per month "unlimited" VoIP plan.

I hardly use the phone at all but want to keep my phone number. I could move it to another VoIP provider (I've been with Mynetfone for years), but after 13 years with Exetel I'd prefer just to have this be an easy transition from my landline. $10 extra per month is overkill.

In fact, why hasn't this been made easy for me (and I assume other Exetel ADSL customers)? Surely it would make sense for Exetel to spam me with a deal once in a while. I get all sorts of crappy offers in the mail from other ISPs, but not even an email from my long-term provider.

My ADSL account has an option to order an Exefone VoIP service, and again the only plan is the $10 per month unlimited deal. But there's still a little abandoned asterisk at the bottom lamenting the old lost plan: "The service is free. Call charges apply." It would be nice to get that plan back. I bet other long-term Exetel customers would appreciate how it would make their ADSL/2+ changeover easier.

voip.png
VoIP order form on my current ADSL2+ account.
voip.png (41.91 KiB) Viewed 695 times
eighth

Re: No free pay-as-you-go option for Exefone (VoIP)

Postby Mandy on Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:53 pm

eighth wrote:The NBN cutoff date is looming, and it's been over a year since I've seriously studied the plan options from Exetel. I just need to get this straight: has the free pay-as-you-go Exefone VoIP plan been removed? There's no mention of VoIP anywhere on the NBN order form other than the hard-sell for the $10 per month "unlimited" VoIP plan.

I hardly use the phone at all but want to keep my phone number. I could move it to another VoIP provider (I've been with Mynetfone for years), but after 13 years with Exetel I'd prefer just to have this be an easy transition from my landline. $10 extra per month is overkill.

In fact, why hasn't this been made easy for me (and I assume other Exetel ADSL customers)? Surely it would make sense for Exetel to spam me with a deal once in a while. I get all sorts of crappy offers in the mail from other ISPs, but not even an email from my long-term provider.

My ADSL account has an option to order an Exefone VoIP service, and again the only plan is the $10 per month unlimited deal. But there's still a little abandoned asterisk at the bottom lamenting the old lost plan: "The service is free. Call charges apply." It would be nice to get that plan back. I bet other long-term Exetel customers would appreciate how it would make their ADSL/2+ changeover easier.

voip.png

This is possible, we will get in touch with you shortly.
Mandy
Exetel Staff

Return to Fibre services