NBN Outage Caboolture Brisbane QLD ?

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
blanes

NBN Outage Caboolture Brisbane QLD ?

Post by blanes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:12 am

NBN down since around 8am. Appreciate some news on the issue and any ETA when service will be restored. Thank You.

blanes

Re: NBN Outage Caboolture Brisbane QLD ?

Post by blanes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:33 pm

NBN service still down.

Checked my equipment and line is working. Also used my backup modem to double check - DSL light just repeatedly tries to sync with no result. It has to be a Network fault somewhere.

This has happened before and eventually service resumed but is frustrating that Exetel are not forthcoming with timely customer advice.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:18 pm

blanes wrote:NBN service still down.

Checked my equipment and line is working. Also used my backup modem to double check - DSL light just repeatedly tries to sync with no result. It has to be a Network fault somewhere.

This has happened before and eventually service resumed but is frustrating that Exetel are not forthcoming with timely customer advice.
Currently we were not informed of any outages in the mentioned area. Therefore PM me your service number for further investigations.

blanes

Post by blanes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Thank you. PM sent.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:21 pm

blanes wrote:Thank you. PM sent.
PM received and we have done few testings and couldn't get the service up. Therefore with your given information, I have logged the service issue with NBN and waiting on their response. We will send you updates to your account nominated mobile number. If you need to provide a different mobile number to update you, PM me the number and I will update it with the ticket. Until then leave the modem connected and power on.

Service issue ticket Ref# 12043594

blanes

Post by blanes » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:04 am

Ok will do. Thank you.

blanes

Post by blanes » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:50 am

No service. DSL light continues to blink.

Update 12:45pm. NBN technician currently working to fix issue with broken copper wire in underground junction at roadside nearby to my house.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:16 pm

blanes wrote:No service. DSL light continues to blink.

Update 12:45pm. NBN technician currently working to fix issue with broken copper wire in underground junction at roadside nearby to my house.
We have received the update from the supplier for today and I have sent a sms for you. It is a field technician commitment on or before close of business 18/09/2017. May be it is one of their technicians already working.

blanes

Post by blanes » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Yes he came & checked in my house then went away and repaired a broken copper wire down the road. He then returned, tested and said there is still problems in other junctions external of my house. After going away & returning several more times he told me the copper wiring appears to have problems in several locations. Finally at 3:20pm he told me he had to leave for two other jobs and was unsure when he would return.

So we are still without NBN internet at this stage. The technician also was not happy that the job got cancelled and given to another contractor halfway thru and he said it wasted half hour just sorting that out as the other tech turned up while he was testing down the road.

I am confident the tech is doing his best to repair the problem and still hopeful he might return today but it looks unlikely.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:08 pm

blanes wrote:Yes he came & checked in my house then went away and repaired a broken copper wire down the road. He then returned, tested and said there is still problems in other junctions external of my house. After going away & returning several more times he told me the copper wiring appears to have problems in several locations. Finally at 3:20pm he told me he had to leave for two other jobs and was unsure when he would return.

So we are still without NBN internet at this stage. The technician also was not happy that the job got cancelled and given to another contractor halfway thru and he said it wasted half hour just sorting that out as the other tech turned up while he was testing down the road.

I am confident the tech is doing his best to repair the problem and still hopeful he might return today but it looks unlikely.
We may need to wait until they provide the closure notes with Exetel and hopefully they will resolve the issue within the early confirmed time frame (close of business 18/09/2017).

blanes

Post by blanes » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:08 pm

The technician did not return but had said he would be back to restore our internet service by Monday if not sooner.

However just now I received a txt message from Exetel that someone was booked to come next Wednesday 20th Sept between 8 and 12pm.

Why is a repair technician not coming back on Monday latest to complete the repairs already begun Friday ? I am not happy with this situation so far as it should have been repaired in the 4 hours spent on the job Friday.

What on earth is going on !?

HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Post by HimaJ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Please note that due to the complexity of the work, our wholesale supplier has arranged a speciallized technician for your service issue where he will be attending on 20th September 2017.

Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this.

blanes

Post by blanes » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:41 am

I hope they might still be able to effect the repair earlier than Wednesday if someone is available. I will be home Monday & Tuesday.

When the tech (named Sunny) left Friday my wife & I noticed he had pulled the socket away from the wall where the phone line connects. It was obvious he had pried it off rather than unscrewing it as the screws still had the covers intact. The wiring is not damaged and my best guess is he was checking to confirm the wiring was ok.

I had intended to ask him about it when he returned Monday but as it seems unlikely he will be back I would request this be noted as it should have been put back how it was after his inspection. To be clear, Sunny told me the issue was not in my house or property but in the copper wire from the node upto my property.

If my service remains unavailable until Wedneday am I entitled to a credit to my account for one week ?

HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Post by HimaJ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:44 pm

We have sent you an email update to your nominated email address under the reference number : 12043563.

If you have any further concerns please reply back via the same email thread.

Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this.

blanes

Post by blanes » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:07 pm

Yes will do and thank you for your advice.