System outages + slow speeds + Exetel inaction

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Brooksy

System outages + slow speeds + Exetel inaction

Post by Brooksy » Sat May 26, 2018 8:43 am

Time to lift you game!!

This is the 5th prolonged outage we've suffered since transferring to the Nasty Broadband Network, and as usual, Exetel cannot tell us the cause of the disruption.

This is the straw that broke this camel's back! I will be reporting this to my local Federal Member to take up with the responsible Minister and also to the Telecommunications Ombudsman. This is a disgrace!!

5 prolonged outages greater that 12 hours, the longest being 3 days, that were not of my making, and absolutely no explanations from Exetel. "Our suppliers won't tells us what the problem is or ETR" is Exetel's response. What a crok! How about you demand answers. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

Slow data rates - we pay for 25Mbps and you deliver 20 on average. If I tried to charge a customer 100% whilst delivering 80% of work quoted I'd be reported, fined and possibly thrown out of my work stream. The modem YOU supplied us tells me that we have an effective data transfer rate on our connection of over 100Mbps, but we are only receiving 20Mbps from you. This is a disgraceful situation, you are getting money for nothing. No wonder you support the fascist LNP government.

You have broken the law in the past by not compensating customers for services NOT delivered and substandard data rates. How about you start delivering as the law demands. How about you deliver data speeds you are contracted to deliver! How about you get off you lazy bums and demand of your supplies the information relating to a system outage and pass it on the affected customers! How about you declared all contracts null and void to allow customers to seek a more forthcoming service provider!!

All these outages and interruptions also affect our phone as well!!!

Low data rates, system outages, system instability. Good grief!!!

KrishanK
Exetel Staff

Re: System outages + slow speeds + Exetel inaction

Post by KrishanK » Mon May 28, 2018 11:11 pm

First of all Exetel sincerely apologize for the service interruptions you experienced during the outages we had in the recent past.

In order to assist you to resolve the slow speed issue you are currently experiencing, can you kindly perform the some speed tests through speedtest.exetel.com.au in different time periods in a day and send us the results by dropping an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Once you sent us an email, be kind enough to provide us the reference no. which that email ticket will generate.

Once again we sincerely do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue May 29, 2018 3:51 pm

I'm sorry you are having issues, but if you feel so poorly about Exetel why not move to another NBN provider, and have the exact same issues with them....

Brooksy

Post by Brooksy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:40 pm

Ok James, now you’re being ignorant. You are supposed to be on staff at Exetel, and you have no idea!! We are on a contract to stay with you for 2 bloody years!

Now at this date we are again in a no connection situation! Been out for 30 minutes, but I cannot post 3 speedtests as Exetel demands. I have had to resort to my phone to answer this.because.... well, you tell me WHY we are disconnected again!
NO CARRIER is the message from my modem which was supplied you Exetel. It also tells my that my line is capable of better than 100Mbs download and better than 40Mbs upload, but this morning before 0600 our d/l rate struggle to give us 17Mbs.
There’s an old saying, “Somtimes itt is better to keep your mouth shut and to be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt”. Your post here was derisive, divisive and just plain wrong! We pay Exetel for a full service but get an interrupted service peaking at 80%. How would you like to buy a meal and only getting 75-80% of and still charged full price. Kid!! Uninformed, lowly educated kid!

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:44 pm

Brooksy wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:40 pm

Now at this date we are again in a no connection situation! Been out for 30 minutes, but I cannot post 3 speedtests as Exetel demands. I have had to resort to my phone to answer this.because.... well, you tell me WHY we are disconnected again!
NO CARRIER is the message from my modem which was supplied you Exetel. It also tells my that my line is capable of better than 100Mbs download and better than 40Mbs upload, but this morning before 0600 our d/l rate struggle to give us 17Mbs.
Do you have an existing reported technical support reference number?