Exetel ADSL to Exetel NBN: cancelling previous services?

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
gvinall

Exetel ADSL to Exetel NBN: cancelling previous services?

Post by gvinall » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:43 pm

I have just moved from Exetel ADSL to Exetel NBN. The move was highly successful, and the speeds are better than expected for my location.

I assumed my previous services would automatically be removed from my account. This has not happened, so I emailed Exetel residential support. I got a very curt and blunt reply from Exetel Provisioning saying that I had to arrange for my no-longer required analogue phone service with Telstra, and similarly for my Exetel VOIP service which I asked not to be renewed, and to also remove the Calling Card service from My Exetel Home Page. The issue re cancelling my old ADSL service was not addressed (or not from what I could fathom from the convoluted reply)

The tone of the reply from provisioning was not acceptable. I have asked again for them to cancel my no longer required services, otherwise I will pursue it with the TIO.

I don't expect such rudeness from Exetel support, especially since my initial email was polite, friendly and complimentary.

Just in case, someone here can help, I need the following services cancelled and removed from My Exetel Home Page: ADSL, analogue phone, VOIP phone, Calling Card.

Kind regards

Greg

taniya
Exetel Staff

Re: Exetel ADSL to Exetel NBN: cancelling previous services?

Post by taniya » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi Greg,
Apologize for the inconvenience caused!
We will get in touch with you shortly to assist you further with the cancellation.

gvinall

Re: Exetel ADSL to Exetel NBN: cancelling previous services?

Post by gvinall » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Exetel got back to me in the afternoon, and have promised to cancel the services that I have requested.

I'm glad that they have responded, as I have been with Exetel since their inception, and found them to be of the highest quality.

Thank you again Exetel.