NBN50 more than 3 weeks not connected

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Post Reply
brucesun
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:07 pm

NBN50 more than 3 weeks not connected

Post by brucesun » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:31 am

Exetel support via phone and email is not very helpful I'm going to try my luck here.

I have been talking to exetel tech support and provisioning team on the phone and via email, have a nbn technician visit appointment arranged.
As required by the appointment arranged by exetel, I will have to stay home and lose 1 day work pay.

based on nbn published information i don't see there is anything nbn technician can help to visit my house.
https://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nb ... 02%200.pdf
clearly the connection from my house to NBN exchange is ok, I was able to connect to internet by NBN last month.
The lights on NCD showing I never lose the connection to NBN exchange, NCD connection light is always on, the DSL light was off for few days after service was cancel with Aussie Broadband and then it is back on since last week, things can possibly go wrong would be nbn didn't connect me from nbn exchange to exetel POI or exetel didn't connect me to the internet, which non of them have anything to do with a tech visit my house.

below is the issue log i kept
i was with Aussie Broadband nbn 25
• 16/06 – Singed up online with exetel nbn 50, before sing up confirmed with sales the service will be up and running in one to seven days. Cancelled my Aussie Broadband nbn 25 stop the service on Friday 22 June.
• 20/06 – got email from exetel with username and login but doesn’t work with my router, called tech support at night been told service is not activated yet, need to contact provisioning team during business hour
• 21/06 – Followed up with exetel, been told by provisioning team activation confirmation will send out on 22 Friday or 25 Monday.
• 22/06 – Aussie Broadband NBN 25 service stopped, DSL light on NCD modem is off since this day. Pick up exetel modem/router and connected to NCD.
• 25/05 – Nothing happened on Friday, I contacted provisioning team on Monday 25 June and been told there was an issue on my previous ISP to release the service.
• 26/06 – contact provisioning team again to check progress, been told it is pending with NBN, will take 24 to 48 hours
• 27/06 – called during the day , told by provisioning team nbn have issue to remote active my service, issue is raised with NBN. At night when I got home DSL light was on I thought NBN solved issue, called tech support, tech support can't do anything since service still not activated
• 28/06 – Followed up with exetel, told by provisioning team service activation is pending with wholesale supplier, will take 24 to 48 hours.
• 29/06 – Followed up with exetel, told by provisioning team still pending with wholesale, I ask who is the wholesale supplier answer is optus. Provisioning team also confirmed optus already got my data flow. Provisioning suggest make sure everything is connected, optus will automatically active the service at 4am 10am 4pm 10pm.
• 30/06 – nothing happened on Saturday
• 01/07 – nothing happened on Sunday
• 02/07 – Followed up with exetel, told by provisioning team optus has my data flow, call tech support do trouble shoot when I got home. Called tech support at night, trouble shoot to go through modem setup, still no internet connection, been told to call provisioning team during business hour.
• 03/07 – stay at home called provisioning team first thing in the morning, confirmed again data flow is received at optus, provisioning advised me to talk to tech support team do trouble shoot again. Talked to support and did the same thing in modem but nothing works. Tech support ask me connect to NCD directly from a computer and do a PPPOE from computer, got 651 error, support said it is authentication issue, will raise this issue with optus, will take 24-48 hours to get reply. This phone call from end to end was 1.5 hours
• 04/07 – called provisioning team to get an update, been told talk to tech support again, I explained I already called tech support and just want to check if there is any update from optus. He told me forget about optus, this is a NBN back end issue, NBN cannot remote active my service, they will ask NBN to send a technician and it up to NBN to contact me with no time frame.
• 05/07 - send an email to exetel provisioning team with all the details in this list and explained the reason why i think NBN technician cannot solve the problem. exetel called me in the morning, said there is nothing else can be done other then request a NBN technician. NBN technician visit request under going.
• 06/07 - contact exetel provisioning via email, no update on nbn technician visit yet, exetel reply says "have requested our suppliers to book an appointment."
• 09/07 - contact exetel provisioning via email, enquired progress on nbn technician visit, no reply from exetel.
• 10/07 - received message from exetel, technician visit scheduled at 17/07

my issue ref with Exetel is 13162834

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: NBN50 more than 3 weeks not connected

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Firstly I would like to apologise to you on behalf of Exetel for any inconvenience you may have experienced with relation to this matter. I have reviewed the ticket number 13224308 and this is closely monitoring and working on with under the provisioning department. I have updated ticket further with all this information and escalate to their manager for further consideration. You will be updated with your last email accordingly.

brucesun
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Re: NBN50 more than 3 weeks not connected

Post by brucesun » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:54 pm

link in my original post was wrong, here is the correct one
https://www.nbnco.com.au/blog/the-nbn-p ... model.html

so far i don't see any other options for me but to proceed with nbn tech visit, i hope this nbn tech will do more then just check connection and DSL lights on my NCD.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: NBN50 more than 3 weeks not connected

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:17 pm

brucesun wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:54 pm
link in my original post was wrong, here is the correct one
https://www.nbnco.com.au/blog/the-nbn-p ... model.html

so far i don't see any other options for me but to proceed with nbn tech visit, i hope this nbn tech will do more then just check connection and DSL lights on my NCD.
Required details has been sent to the supplier and we hope to have a resolution on this.

brucesun
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Re: NBN50 more than 3 weeks not connected

Post by brucesun » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:54 am

it has been more than a month now.

• 17/07 - I take the day off for appointment. no one showed at my house for appointment between 8am - 12pm.
Contact exetel via phone at 12:15pm ask what is going on, got put on hold for 30 minutes and told me exetel cannot contact the technician, the technician may or may not visit my home during rest of day, since it is already pass the appointment time I am free to leave the premises, exetel will give me the update in the email after contact the technician.
At end of the day i received email from exetel "The technician has visited the exchange today prior to vising your premises and has located a signal to the exchange and had decided not to proceed to the premises. They have also requested the below information to be sent as soon as possible so that they can resolve the situation at the exchange at it's earliest and schedule another appointment to the next earliest possible date."
The questions asked by nbn co are the information i have already provided to exetel. i replied email with detaled answer immediately on the same day.

• 18/07 - received an email at 10:15am from exetel provisioning team ask the exactly same questions from nbn co in yesterday's email, i replied immediately at 10:30am

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: NBN50 more than 3 weeks not connected

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:04 pm

brucesun wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:54 am
it has been more than a month now.

• 17/07 - I take the day off for appointment. no one showed at my house for appointment between 8am - 12pm.
Contact exetel via phone at 12:15pm ask what is going on, got put on hold for 30 minutes and told me exetel cannot contact the technician, the technician may or may not visit my home during rest of day, since it is already pass the appointment time I am free to leave the premises, exetel will give me the update in the email after contact the technician.
At end of the day i received email from exetel "The technician has visited the exchange today prior to vising your premises and has located a signal to the exchange and had decided not to proceed to the premises. They have also requested the below information to be sent as soon as possible so that they can resolve the situation at the exchange at it's earliest and schedule another appointment to the next earliest possible date."
The questions asked by nbn co are the information i have already provided to exetel. i replied email with detaled answer immediately on the same day.

• 18/07 - received an email at 10:15am from exetel provisioning team ask the exactly same questions from nbn co in yesterday's email, i replied immediately at 10:30am
Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused. Provisioning department is still following up this via the same ticket ref 13224308 and I have informed them to update you ASAP.

brucesun
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Re: NBN50 more than 3 weeks not connected

Post by brucesun » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:31 pm

it has been 32 days since i singed up.

so far it cost me
-1 work day for an appointment that no one showed up
-more than 4 hours of phone call during business hours since provisioning team only available during working hours
-time to exchange few dozens of emails with exetel

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: NBN50 more than 3 weeks not connected

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:29 pm

brucesun wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:31 pm
it has been 32 days since i singed up.

so far it cost me
-1 work day for an appointment that no one showed up
-more than 4 hours of phone call during business hours since provisioning team only available during working hours
-time to exchange few dozens of emails with exetel
I have notified by commenting on the ticket and they should be updating tomorrow through the same email thread.

Post Reply