NBN (FTTN) Dropouts / lag / Time-outs

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
fosweb

NBN (FTTN) Dropouts / lag / Time-outs

Post by fosweb » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:50 am

Hi Exetel,

I had been delaying changing to NBN (FTTN) as I was expecting it to be bad, although I was not expecting it to be THIS bad!

I can barely use standard internet browsing due to time-outs: most sites have to be refreshed 5-10 times before they will even load.
I can only intermittently login to Netflix on my TV
I cannot login to Playstation Network

I have fixed LAN network cable through my house and a single telephone entry point where my modem/router (NF18ACV, supplied by Exetel). I am using the NF18ACV which you supplied to me. My connection sync speed seems appropriate (54999) though my browsing is significantly slower than this.

This is extremely frustrating especially as I have had reliable Exetel ADSL 2+ service for many years now.

Have others experienced this? Are there modem setup options that need to be configured that are different to the supplied modem?

Is this a problem with Exetel or with NBN? Can you please check this?

-Michael Foster

Dhilshan
Exetel Staff

Re: NBN (FTTN) Dropouts / lag / Time-outs

Post by Dhilshan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:56 pm

I have completely rebuilt the port at the DSLAM and made few configuration changes on your service, therefore power reboot the modem and monitor the connection further. If the issue persists, contact Exetel support by quoting the ticket reference number 13348519.

fosweb

Re: NBN (FTTN) Dropouts / lag / Time-outs

Post by fosweb » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:49 am

Excellent and thanks for the prompt response!

The initial issues have been resolved. I will continue to monitor from here. Thanks again.