?Time to provisioning / active service

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
blankdots

?Time to provisioning / active service

Post by blankdots » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 am

I had to jump ship from telecube after they've recently shut down their service.
My family used exetel for many years before I left home and I've never had issues with you guys for over 10 years.
Unfortunately telecube seems to have just cut their service overnight with no warning and prematurely.

I signed up to exetel NBN 2 days ago. Just wondering what the ETA generally for NBN connection is
I signed my parents up to a new exetel service a few months back at a new address and it took 2 weeks. I'm hoping it will be faster than that.

KrishanK
Exetel Staff

Re: ?Time to provisioning / active service

Post by KrishanK » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:42 pm

blankdots wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 am
I had to jump ship from telecube after they've recently shut down their service.
My family used exetel for many years before I left home and I've never had issues with you guys for over 10 years.
Unfortunately telecube seems to have just cut their service overnight with no warning and prematurely.

I signed up to exetel NBN 2 days ago. Just wondering what the ETA generally for NBN connection is
I signed my parents up to a new exetel service a few months back at a new address and it took 2 weeks. I'm hoping it will be faster than that.
We wish to inform you that, your query is being escalated to the relevant department and they will get in touch with you to do the needful.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:10 pm

blankdots wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 am

Could you please PM me your provided customer id or service number or the contact email address provided and I will check this with the provisioning department to confirm you with the ETA.

Dalman

Post by Dalman » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi, just jumping in on this as I'm concerned about the amount of time it's taking to get my service happening. I applied for Exetel 2 weeks ago while my Telecube NBN link was still live. Since then all I've had is a deduction of $20 for a modem that appears to being transported from Sydney to Perth by camel (10 days and counting). My Exetel account indicates that my service is still 'pending', and a call to the helpdesk results in a recorded voice informing me that the main service provider hasn't provided a service hookup date, and then being summarily hung up on. 2 weeks seems like an excessive waiting period for a service that was already provisioned and functioning by another provider. It's not a new connection. I'm getting a lot of heat from my family about ditching Exetel and going to a bigger provider. I'm telling them that the Exetel deal is a good one and that we just need to be a little more patient. My argument is wearing very thin. Help me out here.. please.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:31 pm

What type of NBN do you have?

There have been some issues with Telecube services, but if you email me I can look into it (james@exetel.com.au)