ADSL2 to NBN HFC

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
langdon

ADSL2 to NBN HFC

Post by langdon » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:04 pm

I am getting NBN HFC (old Telstra HFC not Optus) in Jan 2019. I currently have exetel ADSL2 with a D-Link DSL-2880AL modem connected to a Unifi USG and other unifi gear (switch/Access points/camera’s etc). Will I be able to bridge my Dlink to the NBN connection box? Also, I have a large UPS, it seems I should be able to connect the NBN connection box to the UPS so I don’t lose internet during power outages. I just have make sure they run the cable and install the NBN connection box under my house where my server rack is.

Peter

KrishanK
Exetel Staff

Re: ADSL2 to NBN HFC

Post by KrishanK » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:15 pm

langdon wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:04 pm
I am getting NBN HFC (old Telstra HFC not Optus) in Jan 2019. I currently have exetel ADSL2 with a D-Link DSL-2880AL modem connected to a Unifi USG and other unifi gear (switch/Access points/camera’s etc). Will I be able to bridge my Dlink to the NBN connection box? Also, I have a large UPS, it seems I should be able to connect the NBN connection box to the UPS so I don’t lose internet during power outages. I just have make sure they run the cable and install the NBN connection box under my house where my server rack is.

Peter
Yes, D-Link DSL-2880AL modem is a Fibre compatible modem which is supporting to authenticate an Ethernet WAN connection type. Hence you will be able to use this modem once you migrated to NBN Co. HFC Technology. And with regards to the installation of the HFC Cable Device, you may contact our Provisioning Department during the activation process.