Only house on the street without NBN

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Post Reply
ToeJam
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:48 am
Location: Perth

Only house on the street without NBN

Post by ToeJam » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi, last night I checked to see if the NBN was available in my area. checked the NBN co site and it said "You're ready to connect" great I thought. when to sign up to get connected this morning on the 100/unlimited plan and the Exetel site tells me I can't connect? went back to the NBN co site and it now also tells me that its not available but EVERY other house on my street is "You're ready to connect" according to the NBN co site, what happened overnight to change just my house :/

any one have any idea WTF is going on here?

Cheers,

rehanj
Exetel Staff
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:26 am
Location: Colombo

Re: Only house on the street without NBN

Post by rehanj » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:08 pm

ToeJam wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:37 pm
Hi, last night I checked to see if the NBN was available in my area. checked the NBN co site and it said "You're ready to connect" great I thought. when to sign up to get connected this morning on the 100/unlimited plan and the Exetel site tells me I can't connect? went back to the NBN co site and it now also tells me that its not available but EVERY other house on my street is "You're ready to connect" according to the NBN co site, what happened overnight to change just my house :/

any one have any idea WTF is going on here?

Cheers,
Hi, thanks for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear about the situation that you're facing. Please be advised that your query has been escalated internally to the Exetel Sales Team, and an update will be made available to you shortly.

taniya
Exetel Staff
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Sri lanka

Re: Only house on the street without NBN

Post by taniya » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Please be kind enough to PM your complete service address to assist you with further information

crabby
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 pm

Re: Only house on the street without NBN

Post by crabby » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:55 pm

any idea when I will get connected?I submitted my application on the 8th of January Customer ID is 117854 have had no word what is happening.

any updates on how long this should take?

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2429
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Only house on the street without NBN

Post by KavindaS » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:24 pm

crabby wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:55 pm
any idea when I will get connected?I submitted my application on the 8th of January Customer ID is 117854 have had no word what is happening.

any updates on how long this should take?
Welcome to the Exetel forum :)

looking at the records indicates the applied service is still under the pending status, with no confirmation date received on our supplier side. However, this will be further followed up by our provisioning department, and inform to you via text and email, when we have a feedback from the wholesale supplier about a confirmation of the activation date.

crabby
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 pm

Re: Only house on the street without NBN

Post by crabby » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:01 pm

I'm still waiting for some info. I was told provisioning would be in touch soon, that was on the 30th of January and again on the 7th of February and still have had no contact from any one. I put my application in on the 8th of January.

come on guys what is going on? the people across the road have been connected through Iinet for more than 2 weeks now. how much longer do you expect I have to wait.

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2429
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Only house on the street without NBN

Post by KavindaS » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:03 am

crabby wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:01 pm
I'm still waiting for some info. I was told provisioning would be in touch soon, that was on the 30th of January and again on the 7th of February and still have had no contact from any one. I put my application in on the 8th of January.

come on guys what is going on? the people across the road have been connected through Iinet for more than 2 weeks now. how much longer do you expect I have to wait.
Exetel apologizes for the inconvenience may have caused. I have checked the back end activation from the supplier end and it is still pending status. I have escalated this with the provisioning management and you will be informed via the ticket reference 14076484.

crabby
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 pm

Re: Only house on the street without NBN

Post by crabby » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:12 pm

hi, i received an email from provisioning saying they would be in touch by the end of the week, (last Friday). that is all i have heard from them. but i did receive the NBN hardware on Thursday last week so at least thatch a start. :)

Cheers,

crabby
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 pm

Re: Only house on the street without NBN

Post by crabby » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:16 pm

well, another week and still nothing. not happy with exetel

bye

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2429
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Only house on the street without NBN

Post by KavindaS » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:02 pm

crabby wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:16 pm
well, another week and still nothing. not happy with exetel

bye
Once again Exetel apologizes for the inconvenience may have caused with this. I have further informed the provisioning manager to check this as the first thing in next Monday and provide you a feedback.

crabby
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 pm

Re: Only house on the street without NBN

Post by crabby » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:36 am

Hi,

all good now! it took a while and the speeds were painfully slow, but a few reboots of the equipment and a power cut seems to have finally worked. getting around 80/35.

Cheers,

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2429
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Only house on the street without NBN

Post by KavindaS » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:40 pm

crabby wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:36 am
Hi,

all good now! it took a while and the speeds were painfully slow, but a few reboots of the equipment and a power cut seems to have finally worked. getting around 80/35.

Cheers,
Finally we have a good news from your service and I have informed the provisioning department accordingly. If you have further issues or inquiries in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance.

Post Reply