Leave me on ADSL until the new VDSL moderm arrives!

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
aussierod

Leave me on ADSL until the new VDSL moderm arrives!

Post by aussierod » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:22 pm

Customer Number: 114789

I just upgraded from ADSL to NBN in my admin panel. (that oddly didn't let me chose the $10 unlimited calls option as well)

An email came though saying...
"Please note that your current Exetel ADSL service will be cancelled once your new nbn™ service is active."
:shock: What if the switch happens before the free modem gets here?

I'll have no internet or phone, and be in a world of trouble with the old landlords that need both.

Please don't turn off my ADSL and copper phone line until I confirm the new modem is here.

KrishanK
Exetel Staff

Re: Leave me on ADSL until the new VDSL moderm arrives!

Post by KrishanK » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:52 pm

aussierod wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:22 pm

I just upgraded from ADSL to NBN in my admin panel. (that oddly didn't let me chose the $10 unlimited calls option as well)

An email came though saying...
"Please note that your current Exetel ADSL service will be cancelled once your new nbn™ service is active."
:shock: What if the switch happens before the free modem gets here?

I'll have no internet or phone, and be in a world of trouble with the old landlords that need both.

Please don't turn off my ADSL and copper phone line until I confirm the new modem is here.

Kindly be advised that since your newly ordered Fibre service is based on FTTN technology, however the ADSL will have to be disconnected when installing the FTTN service.

Anyways your modem is set to be dispatched tomorrow and within 2-3 business days modem will be delivered to you.

In that case probably you will receive the modem before the Fibre service gets activated, if there will be no unexpected issues happen with the shipping.

aussierod

Post by aussierod » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:14 am

In that case probably you will receive the modem before...
Or 'probably' not.

We're only changing over because we have no choice after 18 months anyway.

Considering VDSL modems work on ADSL, common sense would be...
- Extel sends the modems out first
- Once delivery is confirmed, the copper is turned off.

I noticed that if I joined the NBN from the front page as a new customer, I also had the option to add the $10 unlimited calls there and then. Yet that option wasn't available during the upgrade via the Exetel members area.

Is there a way to add the $10 unlimited pack to the new contact before it all kicks off?

Thanks,
Rodney

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:17 pm

aussierod wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:14 am

Is there a way to add the $10 unlimited pack to the new contact before it all kicks off?

Thanks,
Rodney
Hi

Yes, You have the option to add the $10 unlimited call pack via the Exetel Member Facility once the PSTN to VOIP porting is completed.

Kind Regards

Nicole