Install tech no show!

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
mercury

Install tech no show!

Post by mercury » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:39 pm

I had an installation tech appointment (NBN service) booked for yesterday (1-5pm window). They did not show up. I lost a day's pay to stay home and be here for it.

I lodged a call last night and tonight I get a new SMS and email telling me I have an appointment for 14 February (1-5pm). No acknowledgment of what has happened. No explanation. No apology.

WHAT IS GOING ON?????????

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Install tech no show!

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:05 am

mercury wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:39 pm
I had an installation tech appointment (NBN service) booked for yesterday (1-5pm window). They did not show up. I lost a day's pay to stay home and be here for it.

I lodged a call last night and tonight I get a new SMS and email telling me I have an appointment for 14 February (1-5pm). No acknowledgment of what has happened. No explanation. No apology.

WHAT IS GOING ON?????????
We’re disappointed that you’ve had problems with Exetel. One of our provisioning team will give you a feedback on this through the ticket reference #14177269, as I have internal escalated this with their management.

Mlmcderm

Post by Mlmcderm » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:40 pm

Hi I have just experienced the same, I have already been waiting nearly 3 weeks for this appointment. I cant afford to keep taking days off work and not having internet.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Mlmcderm wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:40 pm
Hi I have just experienced the same, I have already been waiting nearly 3 weeks for this appointment. I cant afford to keep taking days off work and not having internet.
Extremely sorry to hear this. Can you quickly PM me your customer id, and I will check with the provisioning department ?

Mlmcderm

Post by Mlmcderm » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:37 am

As per your request I PMd you on Tuesday evening, but much like the tech no show - I have had no response. I have recieved a reschedule appoint for Monday afternoon. But I have previously indicated, it appears I have an update drive line, just not an active account (green lights for power, broadband and WLAN, red light for internet)

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Mlmcderm wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:37 am
As per your request I PMd you on Tuesday evening, but much like the tech no show - I have had no response. I have recieved a reschedule appoint for Monday afternoon. But I have previously indicated, it appears I have an update drive line, just not an active account (green lights for power, broadband and WLAN, red light for internet)
I have checked the ticket reference number 14205337 and it appears to be the appointment has been rescheduled by our supplier due to high workload.

However, I have informed their management to arrange a representative to contact you and provide detail information on this.

Once again we apologise for the inconvenience caused here.

AndrewJ
Exetel Staff

Post by AndrewJ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:55 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:30 pm
Mlmcderm wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:37 am
I have checked the ticket reference number 14205337 and it appears to be the appointment has been rescheduled by our supplier due to high workload.

However, I have informed their management to arrange a representative to contact you and provide detail information on this.

Once again we apologise for the inconvenience caused here.
We have tried contacting you today but we were unable to get through to you. We have sent an email to the nominated email address given to us. If you further queries please do not hesitate to contact us. Please note your attendance is required for the technician appointment scheduled on 04/02.

Mlmcderm

Post by Mlmcderm » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Acknowledge the reschedule but that does not excuse the lack of comms from your company. If I am expected to make changes or cancellations with two days notice or incur a significant $$ fee, the least your technicians/ customer service can do is call when you know you aren't going to make it within the allocated time. Going off the reviews, your company has a habit of over booking technical appointments and then rescheduling - I suggest you review your booking process and adjust it to optimise the number of appointments with a feasible completion rate. Furthermore, I don't think that it is unexpected that when your technicians don't turn up, information is immediately available with regards to the way forward - waiting 1.5hrs for a callback, only to be told by your customer service that they don't know anything and can't assist for 4-10hrs when the order is updated is not good enough. Maybe your company requires some external motivators to better meet its performance measures - ie penalty for tech non-attendance. Like you my time is also money and I lost 7hrs of work on Tuesday due to a no show and am about to loose a further 4hrs on Monday waiting for my rescheduled appointment - what can be done about this?

trev

Post by trev » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:39 pm

Mlmcderm, unfortunately it is not Exetel who schedule appointments, it is NBNco and it is relatively common for the NBNco techs not to show up for many reasons which are outside Exetel's control.

If you want to complain, then I'd suggest complaining to NBNco -- NBN enquiries and complaints should be directed to 1800 OUR NBN (1800 687 626) or via the NBN Co website.

KrishanK
Exetel Staff

Post by KrishanK » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:03 am

Mlmcderm wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:37 pm
Acknowledge the reschedule but that does not excuse the lack of comms from your company. If I am expected to make changes or cancellations with two days notice or incur a significant $$ fee, the least your technicians/ customer service can do is call when you know you aren't going to make it within the allocated time. Going off the reviews, your company has a habit of over booking technical appointments and then rescheduling - I suggest you review your booking process and adjust it to optimise the number of appointments with a feasible completion rate. Furthermore, I don't think that it is unexpected that when your technicians don't turn up, information is immediately available with regards to the way forward - waiting 1.5hrs for a callback, only to be told by your customer service that they don't know anything and can't assist for 4-10hrs when the order is updated is not good enough. Maybe your company requires some external motivators to better meet its performance measures - ie penalty for tech non-attendance. Like you my time is also money and I lost 7hrs of work on Tuesday due to a no show and am about to loose a further 4hrs on Monday waiting for my rescheduled appointment - what can be done about this?
We understand your disappointment, and do apologize for all the inconvenience. In order to discuss this further only the relevant department tried to contact you over the phone and unfortunately couldn't get you through though.

However be kind enough to grant the necessary access for the technician to attend your site and proceed with the installation in the current appointment and if you have any further concerns or queries, feel free to drop an email to provisioning@exetel.com.au

BeachesBoy

Post by BeachesBoy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:54 pm

I originally contracted with Exetel for residential HFC broadband via the NBN on 8 Jan 2019. I was informed AFTER I had signed up it would take 3 weeks to get a tech to visit (29 Jan, 1.00-5.00PM) which meant one of us had to be at home or risk a $220 fee. Likewise the tech did not show up, no calls, no texts, no apology, no followup. I spent half an hour on the Exetel support line that evening to find out why - they were hopeless and asked me to 'be available as he might show up tonight or later'. The following day, not wanting to have another lengthy wait on their support line I sent a complaint to provisioning@exetel.com.au. They merely acknowledged (auto-response) the email and a promise to respond within 48 hrs. Sure enough I received an email 48 hrs later advising me they had 'hit a little bump' and the reschedule was now 21 Feb, 1.00PM-5.00PM, again no explan or apology.

Instead of blaming NBNCo and asking your customers to complain to them individually why don't you get off your collective backsides and address the issue, given it appears from this forum alone, it is not isolated. Instead of handing out limp apologies on a community forum, why not represent your Customers and have it addressed at an appropriate level.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:43 pm

BeachesBoy wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:54 pm
I originally contracted with Exetel for residential HFC broadband via the NBN on 8 Jan 2019. I was informed AFTER I had signed up it would take 3 weeks to get a tech to visit (29 Jan, 1.00-5.00PM) which meant one of us had to be at home or risk a $220 fee. Likewise the tech did not show up, no calls, no texts, no apology, no followup. I spent half an hour on the Exetel support line that evening to find out why - they were hopeless and asked me to 'be available as he might show up tonight or later'. The following day, not wanting to have another lengthy wait on their support line I sent a complaint to provisioning@exetel.com.au. They merely acknowledged (auto-response) the email and a promise to respond within 48 hrs. Sure enough I received an email 48 hrs later advising me they had 'hit a little bump' and the reschedule was now 21 Feb, 1.00PM-5.00PM, again no explan or apology.

Instead of blaming NBNCo and asking your customers to complain to them individually why don't you get off your collective backsides and address the issue, given it appears from this forum alone, it is not isolated. Instead of handing out limp apologies on a community forum, why not represent your Customers and have it addressed at an appropriate level.
Thanks for letting us know. We’re sorry you've had bad experience with Exetel so far. We do try to deliver great customer service. We’d love to see if we can sort out your problem as soon as possible. Can you reply here with the respective ticket reference number or PM me the service number details ?

Milk Man

Post by Milk Man » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:02 pm

I requested my NBN connection at the end of November. The installation date I received was 1 February (2 months later). I stayed home on 1 February for my 1pm to 5pm appointment. The tech did not show up and there was no call, email or text. I waited 20 mins to speak to Exetel and was also told the tech may still turn up that evening. It was now 5.30pm on a Friday afternoon and sure enough, nobody turned up. I have sent an email to Exetel Provisioning. They have until COB tomorrow to meet their 2 business day response time. I have been an Exetel customer since 2005 and I feel very much taken for granted. This is obviously a systemic problem for Exetel. There are a number of things you should do:
1. Spell out what action you are taking to rectify the problem;
2. All the people with missed appointments seem to have been given the afternoon slot. Customers with rescheduled appointments should be offered the morning slot. The "ran out of time" argument then disappears. I have no faith in your afternoon appointments;
3. I understand NBN now has to pay retail telcos $25 for each missed appointment. As a sign of good faith for your inconvenienced customers you should be passing this on to the customers;
4. Stop taking new orders until you have your house in order. Sort your backlog. It is unconscionable to enter into new contracts with the knowledge you are not going to be able to meet a reasonable service standard.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:13 pm

Milk Man wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:02 pm
I requested my NBN connection at the end of November. The installation date I received was 1 February (2 months later). I stayed home on 1 February for my 1pm to 5pm appointment. The tech did not show up and there was no call, email or text. I waited 20 mins to speak to Exetel and was also told the tech may still turn up that evening. It was now 5.30pm on a Friday afternoon and sure enough, nobody turned up. I have sent an email to Exetel Provisioning. They have until COB tomorrow to meet their 2 business day response time. I have been an Exetel customer since 2005 and I feel very much taken for granted. This is obviously a systemic problem for Exetel. There are a number of things you should do:
1. Spell out what action you are taking to rectify the problem;
2. All the people with missed appointments seem to have been given the afternoon slot. Customers with rescheduled appointments should be offered the morning slot. The "ran out of time" argument then disappears. I have no faith in your afternoon appointments;
3. I understand NBN now has to pay retail telcos $25 for each missed appointment. As a sign of good faith for your inconvenienced customers you should be passing this on to the customers;
4. Stop taking new orders until you have your house in order. Sort your backlog. It is unconscionable to enter into new contracts with the knowledge you are not going to be able to meet a reasonable service standard.
We’re disappointed that you’ve had problems with Exetel. One of our provisioning team members will give you a feedback, how we can quickly sort that out for you. I have directly escalated this with their management and have specifically requested to follow up with the wholesale supplier and inform you.

I have checked the ticket reference number 13916165, and based on the notes of the call you have made today evening, they seems to have contacted the supplier and got confirmed a delay attendance. However, this will be further checked and informed to you accordingly.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:36 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:43 pm
BeachesBoy wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:54 pm

Thanks for letting us know. We’re sorry you've had bad experience with Exetel so far. We do try to deliver great customer service. We’d love to see if we can sort out your problem as soon as possible. Can you reply here with the respective ticket reference number or PM me the service number details ?
Thanks for sending me the details through a PM. I have escalated this via the same ticket reference #14211308, and you will be informed by the provisioning team as soon as possible.