Install tech no show!

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Milk Man
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Install tech no show!

Post by Milk Man » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Story so far - requested NBN service with Exetel on 2/12/18. First date for connection appointment provided was afternoon of 1/2/19 (2 months later). The technician did not show up on 1/2/19 and no communication received. When I spoke to Exetel on 5/2/19 to rearrange another appointment I was told I would have to wait until 1/3/19 if I wanted a morning appointment so I reluctantly accepted another afternoon appointment for today. Guess what! The technician didn't turn up again (at least they're consistent). I rang Exetel again and was told I will be contacted shortly with a new appointment date. I am guessing it will be around March? I have said I will only accept a morning appointment as the afternoon appointments are fantasy.

After the ACCC commenced the NBN Wholesale Service Inquiry, a court enforceable undertaking was made that the NBN will pay to the RSP (that's you) $25 for each late connection plus $25 for every missed appointment. So I am assuming the NBN already owes you $75 for my debacle. However, the enforceable undertaking goes on to say "RSPs must also take reasonable steps to ensure their customers receive a fair value benefit from the wholesale rebates. The benefit may be in a monetary or other form". I am an existing Exetel customer so that will make it easy for you to credit my account. I will let you advise me how much that will be.

My patience is not boundless.

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2549
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Install tech no show!

Post by KavindaS » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Milk Man wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:10 pm
Story so far - requested NBN service with Exetel on 2/12/18. First date for connection appointment provided was afternoon of 1/2/19 (2 months later). The technician did not show up on 1/2/19 and no communication received. When I spoke to Exetel on 5/2/19 to rearrange another appointment I was told I would have to wait until 1/3/19 if I wanted a morning appointment so I reluctantly accepted another afternoon appointment for today. Guess what! The technician didn't turn up again (at least they're consistent). I rang Exetel again and was told I will be contacted shortly with a new appointment date. I am guessing it will be around March? I have said I will only accept a morning appointment as the afternoon appointments are fantasy.

After the ACCC commenced the NBN Wholesale Service Inquiry, a court enforceable undertaking was made that the NBN will pay to the RSP (that's you) $25 for each late connection plus $25 for every missed appointment. So I am assuming the NBN already owes you $75 for my debacle. However, the enforceable undertaking goes on to say "RSPs must also take reasonable steps to ensure their customers receive a fair value benefit from the wholesale rebates. The benefit may be in a monetary or other form". I am an existing Exetel customer so that will make it easy for you to credit my account. I will let you advise me how much that will be.

My patience is not boundless.
This is certainly now beyond the acceptable time lines and thanks for letting us know. We’re sorry you've had bad experience with Exetel so far. I have directly escalated this with the provisioning department Manager, to check with highest priority and provide you a feedback accordingly.

Mlmcderm
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:14 pm

Re: Install tech no show!

Post by Mlmcderm » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:09 pm

OMG you have done it to me again. Third attempt at tech visit and I have another no show! I am done, it would be easier to get internet in a third world country than through your company.
I have had to take 3 days off work and pay a $50 deposit for an MDF key that has never been used. Even when it was confirmed that I was a priority order for this morning, they still didn't show up.
Send me a reply paid address so I can return your modem. I'm going down the road to another company - 4 weeks and 3 scheduled visits is ridiculous.

AndrewJ
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:37 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Install tech no show!

Post by AndrewJ » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:21 pm

Mlmcderm wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:09 pm
OMG you have done it to me again. Third attempt at tech visit and I have another no show! I am done, it would be easier to get internet in a third world country than through your company.
I have had to take 3 days off work and pay a $50 deposit for an MDF key that has never been used. Even when it was confirmed that I was a priority order for this morning, they still didn't show up.
Send me a reply paid address so I can return your modem. I'm going down the road to another company - 4 weeks and 3 scheduled visits is ridiculous.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused. As per our conversation today we will withdraw your order as per your request and a notification would be sent to you.

Milk Man
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Install tech no show!

Post by Milk Man » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:41 pm

I still haven't been contacted.

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2549
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Install tech no show!

Post by KavindaS » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:44 pm

Milk Man wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:41 pm
I still haven't been contacted.
Reference number 13916165 and I have reminded to our Activation team. Exetel apologizes for the delay on this, and I will make sure the provisioning department going to provide a feedback as the first thing in the Monday morning.

mercury
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:59 pm

Re: Install tech no show!

Post by mercury » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:45 am

Hi all, I just wanted to close this out on my end with a wrap up of my experience. After my original appointment was a no show, another was made for a month-ish later, also an afternoon.

This one was no preceded by multiple texts telling me to be there so I was a little worried. Half way through the appointment window I contacted provisioning to confirm it was still happening. I soon after got a call from the installer saying he was on his way and would be there in half an hour.

He in fact turned up in 15 minutes (from that point). He came, looked through the house and my set up, found the manhole and told me what he was going to do. He then did it. I was very happy with his service from the phone call forward.

Exetel needs to address the unknowns and lack of comms. It is costly to spend a day waiting and frustrating to not know whether it will occur or not. Interesting to hear about the $25 NBN pays exetel for missed appointments ... that certainly hasn't been credited to my account.

judep
Exetel Staff
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:57 pm
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: Install tech no show!

Post by judep » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:28 pm

mercury wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:45 am
Hi all, I just wanted to close this out on my end with a wrap up of my experience. After my original appointment was a no show, another was made for a month-ish later, also an afternoon.

This one was no preceded by multiple texts telling me to be there so I was a little worried. Half way through the appointment window I contacted provisioning to confirm it was still happening. I soon after got a call from the installer saying he was on his way and would be there in half an hour.

He in fact turned up in 15 minutes (from that point). He came, looked through the house and my set up, found the manhole and told me what he was going to do. He then did it. I was very happy with his service from the phone call forward.

Exetel needs to address the unknowns and lack of comms. It is costly to spend a day waiting and frustrating to not know whether it will occur or not. Interesting to hear about the $25 NBN pays exetel for missed appointments ... that certainly hasn't been credited to my account.
First of all we do apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We humbly accept your opinion and criticism and will make sure these communication mishaps are kept to a minimum.

BeachesBoy
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:36 pm

Re: Install tech no show!

Post by BeachesBoy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Ater what was a bad start to our relationship wth Exetel and getting NBN up and running generally, I am happy to report the experience since then has been exceptional, from NBN civil work to final connection by NBN Co including courtesy calls in the lead-up and follow-up. All service providers have been extremely communicative, helpful and willing to please. They have turned up on time each time and did exactly what they said they planned with minimal fuss. Our initial frustation was actually borne of the dreadful ADSL2 service provided by Optus these past 2 years - unexplained dropouts lasting up to 20 days and peak time speeds of less than 2Mpbs down and 700kpbs up. We are now getting 39.33/19.00 wirelessly.

Thankyou.

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2549
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Install tech no show!

Post by KavindaS » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:37 pm

BeachesBoy wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:07 pm
Ater what was a bad start to our relationship wth Exetel and getting NBN up and running generally, I am happy to report the experience since then has been exceptional, from NBN civil work to final connection by NBN Co including courtesy calls in the lead-up and follow-up. All service providers have been extremely communicative, helpful and willing to please. They have turned up on time each time and did exactly what they said they planned with minimal fuss. Our initial frustation was actually borne of the dreadful ADSL2 service provided by Optus these past 2 years - unexplained dropouts lasting up to 20 days and peak time speeds of less than 2Mpbs down and 700kpbs up. We are now getting 39.33/19.00 wirelessly.

Thankyou.
Thanks for your great feedback! We always appreciate people sending ideas and feedback our way! I’ve sent it straight to our senior management team and product managers.

Post Reply