NBN Fault Logged - Maybe Exetel Modem

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
squeakytown

NBN Fault Logged - Maybe Exetel Modem

Post by squeakytown » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi,

Around 11:30am Yesterday the 15th of March I contacted the Exetel Helpdesk on behalf of the Shellharbour Surf Life Savings Club as the Exetel Modem was no longer indicating an NBN connection was avaiaible (DSL Light Off - no flashing). All other functions of the modem are ok.

The Service went down at 6:08PM on the 14th of March.

The helpdesk logged a ticket with the NBN, but i have no details on a reference number.

This morning I took my own Exetel NBN Modem over to the site and it was able to detect (took 5 minutes) the NBN line and successfully log into my Exetel account.

So it appears the modem may have suffered some hardware damage during the electrical storm which was active at the time of the service going down.
But given the time to connect it may be a difference in the modems brands (Ones a Netcomm the others a ZTE).

I had already put an order in for a additional backup Exetel Modem on Friday under my account as I look after a number of Exetel Customers.

Can you Please:
1. Update the ticket I raised yesterday with the new details and provide me with the reference number for future updates.
2. If possible escalate the request for the new modem request as its now not a backup modem but to allow the service to (possibly) re-instated for a long term customer with a number of Exetel services (NBN, Website, Domain and Registration).

I will PM the responder with my service number for modem order and the Surf Clubs service number.

Thanks
David
SSLSC

judep
Exetel Staff

Re: NBN Fault Logged - Maybe Exetel Modem

Post by judep » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:01 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:46 pm
Hi,

Around 11:30am Yesterday the 15th of March I contacted the Exetel Helpdesk on behalf of the Shellharbour Surf Life Savings Club as the Exetel Modem was no longer indicating an NBN connection was avaiaible (DSL Light Off - no flashing). All other functions of the modem are ok.

The Service went down at 6:08PM on the 14th of March.

The helpdesk logged a ticket with the NBN, but i have no details on a reference number.

This morning I took my own Exetel NBN Modem over to the site and it was able to detect (took 5 minutes) the NBN line and successfully log into my Exetel account.

So it appears the modem may have suffered some hardware damage during the electrical storm which was active at the time of the service going down.
But given the time to connect it may be a difference in the modems brands (Ones a Netcomm the others a ZTE).

I had already put an order in for a additional backup Exetel Modem on Friday under my account as I look after a number of Exetel Customers.

Can you Please:
1. Update the ticket I raised yesterday with the new details and provide me with the reference number for future updates.
2. If possible escalate the request for the new modem request as its now not a backup modem but to allow the service to (possibly) re-instated for a long term customer with a number of Exetel services (NBN, Website, Domain and Registration).

I will PM the responder with my service number for modem order and the Surf Clubs service number.

Thanks
David
SSLSC
Hi David,

Kindly PM the service number of the Surf Club along with your best contact number.

Thanks

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:31 am

Hi,

The Details were PMed on Saturday

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Contacted helpdesk - as it appears the Forum hasn't been monitored since Sat.
Technician for Thursday cancelled and after some confusion around the brand and modem Exetel show on their website when ordering and the one on the invoice didn't match the one physically order (Brand and model different).

No ETA on modem - just have to wait.....

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:24 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:43 pm
Contacted helpdesk - as it appears the Forum hasn't been monitored since Sat.
Technician for Thursday cancelled and after some confusion around the brand and modem Exetel show on their website when ordering and the one on the invoice didn't match the one physically order (Brand and model different).

No ETA on modem - just have to wait.....
Hi David

Exetel apologizes for the inconvenience caused here. We are currently following up this via the service issue ticket 14534142 and we will provide you a feedback accordingly.

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi,

The new modem from Exetel i had already order has resolved the NBN Connection issue - the existing modems DSL line bit must have been fried from electrical storm.

While the exetel site, order, pending status and invoice all detail I order and paid for a new ZTE H268A modem, a Netcomm NF18ACV did in fact arrive.
So a different model and brand...

Shortly after i receive an email from Exetel advising me that i had been UPGRADED to a better modem.....sales pitch.
I'm assuming a new invoice matching what was actually supplied will be sent out shortly as well - for tax purposes.

Unfortunately VOIP was not setup on the modem in advance - but that was the case last time Exetel sent me a modem.
I have entered the details as per the Exetel Voip guide but the connection remains down.
I'm off site now so will have to contact Exetel again regarding Voip later.

Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:40 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:15 pm
Hi,

The new modem from Exetel i had already order has resolved the NBN Connection issue - the existing modems DSL line bit must have been fried from electrical storm.

While the exetel site, order, pending status and invoice all detail I order and paid for a new ZTE H268A modem, a Netcomm NF18ACV did in fact arrive.
So a different model and brand...

Shortly after i receive an email from Exetel advising me that i had been UPGRADED to a better modem.....sales pitch.
I'm assuming a new invoice matching what was actually supplied will be sent out shortly as well - for tax purposes.

Unfortunately VOIP was not setup on the modem in advance - but that was the case last time Exetel sent me a modem.
I have entered the details as per the Exetel Voip guide but the connection remains down.
I'm off site now so will have to contact Exetel again regarding Voip later.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Provide me a date and a time frame, so I will get an engineer to contact you to support with the VOIP configuration.

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:10 am

Thanks.
Cam the VOIP Password be PMed to me or emailed for the client of ticket 14534142.
Our original phone number was ported to voip.
I wish to confirm the one i have,

Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:51 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:10 am
Thanks.
Cam the VOIP Password be PMed to me or emailed for the client of ticket 14534142.
Our original phone number was ported to voip.
I wish to confirm the one i have,

Dave
Hi Dave,

Existing password is not visible to me. I can reset the password to a new one and send to the nominated email automatically. Let me know if you wish to proceed with that.

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:40 am

No need,

The VOIP is now working.

I had the password reset and found the Exetel VOIP setup guide I was using from the website had an incorrect setting on a screen shot of the settings required
The VOIP Team at Exetel have been notified and will correct the instructions.

I have also emailed Billing to get a new invoice sent out showing the actual modem supplied by Exetel.

Dave