NBN Install Failure

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Neil S

NBN Install Failure

Post by Neil S » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:08 pm

So the NBN tech comes out today and ... no cable to building ... cant install, we will let you know what is happening.

Meanwhile late last week the physical phone number has been transferred from Telstra to Exetel (well transferred to another provider, as Telstra cannot tell me who) so we have no phone at the childcare centre now, hopefully there will not be any emergencies.

So I ring Exetel to get it fixed and after a total of approx 90 minutes, get told by some Level One flunky that the number has not been transferred yet as Exetel has not started the process and there is nothing they can do. I hang up at this point before I said what I was thinking (cant say it here either).

Can't see what to do here at this point as it looks like Exetel provisioning does not care or are just incompetent, they are saying Telstra need to fix it.

I assume its off to the ombudsman to get it fixed unless someone here can give me some other ideas.

Neil S

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: NBN Install Failure

Post by KavindaS » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Neil S wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:08 pm
So the NBN tech comes out today and ... no cable to building ... cant install, we will let you know what is happening.

Meanwhile late last week the physical phone number has been transferred from Telstra to Exetel (well transferred to another provider, as Telstra cannot tell me who) so we have no phone at the childcare centre now, hopefully there will not be any emergencies.

So I ring Exetel to get it fixed and after a total of approx 90 minutes, get told by some Level One flunky that the number has not been transferred yet as Exetel has not started the process and there is nothing they can do. I hang up at this point before I said what I was thinking (cant say it here either).

Can't see what to do here at this point as it looks like Exetel provisioning does not care or are just incompetent, they are saying Telstra need to fix it.

I assume its off to the ombudsman to get it fixed unless someone here can give me some other ideas.

Neil S
Hi Neil,

Firstly, I would like to apologize to you on behalf of Exetel for any inconvenience you may have experienced with relation to this matter. Can you PM me your customer id or the assigned service number, so I will directly check this with the provisioning department manager ?

Neil S

Post by Neil S » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:53 am

PM Sent, Thanks

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:35 pm

Neil S wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:53 am
PM Sent, Thanks
Extremely sorry as I have not received any PM from you. Can you re send the PM to me or drop an email to kavindas@exetel.com.au and confirm here?

Neil S

Post by Neil S » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Email sent

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:50 pm

Neil S wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:20 pm
Email sent
Thank you. I have received the email and escalated with the provisioning department Manager to check, and provide you a feedback as soon as possible.

Neil S

Post by Neil S » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:08 pm

Any news yet?

Neil

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:44 pm

Neil S wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:08 pm
Any news yet?

Neil
Hi Neil,

I have further checked this with the provisioning team. They have already completed the necessary escalations on this. However, this appears to be a major infrastructure issue, causing delays from the supplier side. We expect to have a feedback by them on or before 28 close of business. Unfortunately until the internet service gets activated, technically cannot proceed with the PSTN to VOIP process.

Exetel apologizes for the inconvenience may have caused. We will provide you a feedback, as soon as we receive from our wholesale provider.

Neil S

Post by Neil S » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:53 am

Apparently we now have NBN to the building (a box on the wall outside), any idea how long to get the install tech back?

Neil

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:20 pm

Neil S wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:53 am
Apparently we now have NBN to the building (a box on the wall outside), any idea how long to get the install tech back?

Neil
Work has been completed with the first installation technician. However, there is another technician need to visit and complete the activation. Based on the details I have received from our Provisioning team. Therefore, we have requested and currently waiting for the supplier feedback on this. They will inform you, once they have received the details.