Poor NBN download speeds in Kariong

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Les

Poor NBN download speeds in Kariong

Post by Les » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Hi,

Is there a reason a reason download speeds on the NBN in Kariong are so bad at the moment?

I usually get download speeds of about 75Mbps when testing against Exetel's Speedtest server but today I'm getting less than 10Mbps.

Here is a screenshot of my most recent speedtest.
2019-03-23.png
2019-03-23.png (15.76 KiB) Viewed 286 times
Les

IsuruB
Exetel Staff

Re: Poor NBN download speeds in Kariong

Post by IsuruB » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:27 am

Les wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:21 pm
Hi,

Is there a reason a reason download speeds on the NBN in Kariong are so bad at the moment?

I usually get download speeds of about 75Mbps when testing against Exetel's Speedtest server but today I'm getting less than 10Mbps.

Here is a screenshot of my most recent speedtest.

2019-03-23.png

Les
Thanks for reaching out. We have tested the line remotely and have been unable to detect any issues with the programing/provisioning of the connection, with the modem having been online and stable for 1 week and 4 days.
A full refresh on your connection has been carried out, which we would like for you to follow up with a powercycle to the modem (leave powered off for 15 minutes and power back on). Please be kind enough to let us know if issues persist after this has been carried out.

Les

Post by Les » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:46 am

Hi,

My modem was reporting the line had been up for some 40+ days when I looked a things before reporting the issue.

The issue was still ongoing at 3:00am when I finished working and called it a night.

This morning the connection was down and took quite a while to come back up even after rebooting the modem as it took a very long time to get DSL sync.

However it did eventually come back up, and the speed test I performed a few minutes ago showed a download speed of 90Mbps.

Les

IsuruB
Exetel Staff

Post by IsuruB » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Les wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:46 am
However it did eventually come back up, and the speed test I performed a few minutes ago showed a download speed of 90Mbps.
Thanks for the response. We are glad to hear the speeds have returned to normal. Please monitor the connection further for any speed related issues and let us know if assistance is required.