Speed Issue & VoIP Help

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
sombsyd

Speed Issue & VoIP Help

Post by sombsyd » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi there - I am generally content with Exetel having moved from Telstra. However, I am encountering speed issues in the evening hours, ranging from 11mbps to 30 mbps. Could you please look in to it?

Also, could you suggest me a few models for VOIP phones? I am unable to select any with so many options like DECT, just handset, base system, etc.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks
Somnath Banerjee

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Speed Issue & VoIP Help

Post by KavindaS » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:47 pm

sombsyd wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:42 pm
Hi there - I am generally content with Exetel having moved from Telstra. However, I am encountering speed issues in the evening hours, ranging from 11mbps to 30 mbps. Could you please look in to it?

Also, could you suggest me a few models for VOIP phones? I am unable to select any with so many options like DECT, just handset, base system, etc.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks
Somnath Banerjee
Hi Somnath,

We are happy to investigate this, considering the time specified slow speed issue. Therefore, perform random speed tests via http://speedtest.exetel.com.au/ in different time frames (peak / off peak times) and email the results to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au for further check on this.

About the VOIP phone models, unfortunately we cannot confirm a specific model, and it really depends on your requirements. Therefore, it is recommended that you contact the device support.