Port Forwarding & Slow DNS

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
h20

Port Forwarding & Slow DNS

Post by h20 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:03 pm

Does anyone know whether Exetel's Helpdesk is still working? I emailed residentialsupport@exetel.com.au on the 30th March and have not received any reply. I emailed again on 2/4 and again today 4/4 and there has been no response about my problems. I have also logged into helpdesk.exetel.com.au and all my emails are there and there isn't anything from Exetel! I'm using the email address that I have set in my account.

The problems:
I have just re-signed up to Exetel and have a supplied Netcomm NF18ACV modem. I have setup port forwarding/virtual servers in the modem (as per Netcomm instructions) to a specific computer on my LAN but the computer still says the ports are closed. I have even tried ticking and unticking Enable Port Triggering in ALG but this doesn't make any difference. Is this a faulty modem or is there something I have missed?

I have also noticed that when accessing websites on any device (Windows/Android/iOS) after typing the address in and pressing go it will sit there for up to 10 seconds (sometimes more) before loading the website. Restarting the modem will fix the issue for up to 30 minutes and then it's back to the slowness. Once I access the websites, if I click links it is then faster. I have tried changing DNS ip's to Googles but hasn't made any difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Port Forwarding & Slow DNS

Post by KavindaS » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:18 pm

h20 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:03 pm
Does anyone know whether Exetel's Helpdesk is still working? I emailed residentialsupport@exetel.com.au on the 30th March and have not received any reply. I emailed again on 2/4 and again today 4/4 and there has been no response about my problems. I have also logged into helpdesk.exetel.com.au and all my emails are there and there isn't anything from Exetel! I'm using the email address that I have set in my account.
Helpdesk system is working without any issues. When you have emailed residentialsupport@exetel.com.au, did you receive an automated response with a ticket number? If so, reply here with the reference number I will check.
h20 wrote:
The problems:
I have just re-signed up to Exetel and have a supplied Netcomm NF18ACV modem. I have setup port forwarding/virtual servers in the modem (as per Netcomm instructions) to a specific computer on my LAN but the computer still says the ports are closed. I have even tried ticking and unticking Enable Port Triggering in ALG but this doesn't make any difference. Is this a faulty modem or is there something I have missed?
Since this is a new service that you have signed up with, possible there is no static IP assigned to your service, and the port forwarding wont work. You need to have a static IP to overcome with this situation. You may either submit IP request from "my exetel" or PM me your customer id or the service number and I will investigate.
h20 wrote:
I have also noticed that when accessing websites on any device (Windows/Android/iOS) after typing the address in and pressing go it will sit there for up to 10 seconds (sometimes more) before loading the website. Restarting the modem will fix the issue for up to 30 minutes and then it's back to the slowness. Once I access the websites, if I click links it is then faster. I have tried changing DNS ip's to Googles but hasn't made any difference.
We will monitor this after the IP change suggested above.

h20

Post by h20 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi Kavinda

When I emailed I didn't receive any emails from residential support. When I log in to helpdesk.exetel.com.au there is a reference: YVF-74599-967

I'll PM you my service number to investigate.

Thanks

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:22 pm

h20 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:03 pm
Hi Kavinda

When I emailed I didn't receive any emails from residential support. When I log in to helpdesk.exetel.com.au there is a reference: YVF-74599-967

I'll PM you my service number to investigate.

Thanks
I was successful in tracing your provided ticket number. I will attend to do this and reply to you via the same email.