Closing in on two weeks with no service

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
goughyz

Closing in on two weeks with no service

Post by goughyz » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:49 pm

I was supposed to have NBN activated on the 25th of March, and as of today - 5th April still nothing. I understand that Exetel are reliant on NBNco, but the issue is NBNco doesn't speak to consumers. I am a customer of Exetel - and thus far - a very disappointed one.

I periodically get very generic, canned response text messages and/or emails (I often need to chase up any potential updates) and to this day - I couldn't actually tell you what the supposed issue is. Initially, it was suspected that there was an issue with UNI-D1, so they had me change it to D2 - nothing. Then they had an idea that perhaps there was a serial number mismatch between the actual NBN box in my house, versus what was on record at NBNco. Either way - the issue has dragged on way too long - someone is dragging their heels massively as far as getting this sorted goes. Really, really disappointing start to my service.

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Re: Closing in on two weeks with no service

Post by rasikak » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:47 pm

Thank you for reaching out.

Please PM your customer ID or the service number to assist you further.

goughyz

Post by goughyz » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 pm

Sent

goughyz

Post by goughyz » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:25 pm

??? Any update please?

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Post by rasikak » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:09 pm

goughyz wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:25 pm
??? Any update please?
Thank you for reaching out and we have responded to your last email #14760485 on the reported service and we will continue to provide update via the same email.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused on this.

goughyz

Post by goughyz » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:40 pm

Today marks two weeks with no indication as to when this issue is going to be fixed. Patience has all but disappeared.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:23 pm

goughyz wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:40 pm
Today marks two weeks with no indication as to when this issue is going to be fixed. Patience has all but disappeared.
We have made all possible escalations with our supplier to get an update. We will call them ASAP, and provide you a feedback via the email ticket.

goughyz

Post by goughyz » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:36 pm

At this point - I'm almost ready to just cancel the whole account. I haven't been able to utilise any internet so far and it's been two weeks. All I keep hearing is that "it's been escalated to the wholesaler". As a customer of EXETEL, this means nothing to me. How is it possible that after two weeks of supposed escalations there has been zero progress? You have to understand - that as a customer - it has been a beyond terrible experience. The fact that my ability to work from home has been affected is only one of many frustrations that I have experienced since signing up to Exetel. And you have the audacity to send me a bill? I don't care about any credits to my account - that isn't a good will gesture, that is the least that can be done.

If I don't have working internet by Wednesday, it will be me who is escalating this issue.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:51 pm

goughyz wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:36 pm
At this point - I'm almost ready to just cancel the whole account. I haven't been able to utilise any internet so far and it's been two weeks. All I keep hearing is that "it's been escalated to the wholesaler". As a customer of EXETEL, this means nothing to me. How is it possible that after two weeks of supposed escalations there has been zero progress? You have to understand - that as a customer - it has been a beyond terrible experience. The fact that my ability to work from home has been affected is only one of many frustrations that I have experienced since signing up to Exetel. And you have the audacity to send me a bill? I don't care about any credits to my account - that isn't a good will gesture, that is the least that can be done.

If I don't have working internet by Wednesday, it will be me who is escalating this issue.
Sorry to hear that your Exetel experience hasn’t been great so far. We’ll be in touch very soon to see, if we can fix that for you before Wednesday. Once we have fully resolved or the time finish the investigation from the supplier, we will adjust the bill with a reasonable credit.

goughyz

Post by goughyz » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:50 am

So. Today is Wednesday, I look forward to hearing of a resolution today. I got a SMS yesterday saying that the wholesale had 'now received the documents' (which were sent a week ago) so I'm not holding my breath.

Also, bizarrely - I received a bill today for my account for the month of March. You have got to be kidding me right? Can you think of a more insulting thing to send to a customer that hasn't been able to use their account?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:53 pm

goughyz wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:50 am
So. Today is Wednesday, I look forward to hearing of a resolution today. I got a SMS yesterday saying that the wholesale had 'now received the documents' (which were sent a week ago) so I'm not holding my breath.

Also, bizarrely - I received a bill today for my account for the month of March. You have got to be kidding me right? Can you think of a more insulting thing to send to a customer that hasn't been able to use their account?
We have received another response from the supplier and certainly we are not happy with time they have taken on this. I have assigned one of the most senior engineers to follow up this and he will call you shortly withe the latest response.

Kindly note the billing system is automated, and that is why you get invoiced here. However, we have marked all the notes to arrange the necessary credits, once this has been finalised.

Further to this, your response on viewtopic.php?f=329&t=44618&p=325956#p325956 got removed mistakenly, and I apologize for that.