FTTN slow speed improvement options..?

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
McBarry

FTTN slow speed improvement options..?

Post by McBarry » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:38 am

Hi, in brief:
ordered NBN 50plan / unlimited, Exetel NF18ACV model supplied, 700m to sub-node.
NBP to modem - 12m via cat5E. Nothing else on line. Modem in factory config, rebooted many times while on phone to tech support.
After tech visit for no sync, then repair to pole behind our house, with reportedly clean line now back to sub-node, speeds consistently 27-32Mbps( 10mins ago was 20.38Mbps)....
It's noticeably slower than the prev ADSL service. In fact, I'd love to return to the prev service with 43-44Mbps..
Tech support advised they'd expect circa 40-42Mbps on my line.

My question(s):
what things can be checked to address any impediments to speed - eg NBN Co "incorrect" profile on the line.. FTTN actual speed to the subnode...

I'd call tech support - 60calls @ 112mins wait is not viable in my day today. Last night was around 45mins when I checked..

Any ideas ?
Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: FTTN slow speed improvement options..?

Post by KavindaS » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:28 pm

McBarry wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:38 am
Hi, in brief:
ordered NBN 50plan / unlimited, Exetel NF18ACV model supplied, 700m to sub-node.
NBP to modem - 12m via cat5E. Nothing else on line. Modem in factory config, rebooted many times while on phone to tech support.
After tech visit for no sync, then repair to pole behind our house, with reportedly clean line now back to sub-node, speeds consistently 27-32Mbps( 10mins ago was 20.38Mbps)....
It's noticeably slower than the prev ADSL service. In fact, I'd love to return to the prev service with 43-44Mbps..
Tech support advised they'd expect circa 40-42Mbps on my line.

My question(s):
what things can be checked to address any impediments to speed - eg NBN Co "incorrect" profile on the line.. FTTN actual speed to the subnode...

I'd call tech support - 60calls @ 112mins wait is not viable in my day today. Last night was around 45mins when I checked..

Any ideas ?
Dave
Hi Dave,

Can you provide me any reference number for the technical matter you have discussed? If not, drop an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au by including speed test results you have obtained, so we will investigate accordingly.

McBarry

Post by McBarry » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:37 am

Hi KavindaS
the tech issue ref is 14666640.
I think it's about to be closed / completed..

I'll attach below the speed test results below - kinda long as I had trouble formatting...

I'm actually NOT using the Exetel service - I get better speed and previous reliability with the ADSl so the Exetel modem is sitting connected doing nothing. I attach the PC to check speeds so I can get a good idea of a trend, and it's consistently and persistently below the current ADSL connection.

I did send an email the residential support I think yesterday.. I work shiftwork and the days get a but blurry sometimes...

Kind Regards, David
ps: best email is mcbarry@grapevine.com.au. Cheer

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:31 pm

McBarry wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:37 am
Hi KavindaS
the tech issue ref is 14666640.
I think it's about to be closed / completed..

I'll attach below the speed test results below - kinda long as I had trouble formatting...

I'm actually NOT using the Exetel service - I get better speed and previous reliability with the ADSl so the Exetel modem is sitting connected doing nothing. I attach the PC to check speeds so I can get a good idea of a trend, and it's consistently and persistently below the current ADSL connection.

I did send an email the residential support I think yesterday.. I work shiftwork and the days get a but blurry sometimes...

Kind Regards, David
ps: best email is mcbarry@grapevine.com.au. Cheer
Thank you for providing the details to me. I will certainly check the ticket 14666640 and go through the connection specs, to email you with the troubleshooting and tests to be competed.