NBN Connection

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
marknat

NBN Connection

Post by marknat » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:15 pm

Hey Exetel,

Up until now I have been really happy with the service I previously received at 2 separate locations.

However, I am really disappointed with the experience in getting my new NBN connection installed. I appreciate that Exetel is required to outsource to NBN contractors, but expect Exetel to be on top of the process.

New service ordered and technician booked in on 28 March. Wife takes the morning off. Technician arrives, spends 2 hours and advises there is an issue outside the premises and they require permission to dig/drill. They advise no one needs to be present for this to happen.

Nothing happens for 10 days so call Exetel. Advise them of the situation. Receive an text/email advising of another appointment.
Wife takes another half a day off work. Technician arrives11 April. Knows nothing about the previous visit. Spends 2 hours to tell us that there needs to be work done outside and that his supervisor will come before 12 noon. Supervisor turns up at 1.30pm, spends another hour, advises that work needs to be done outside (the lead in from the street). He advises they will organise this and no one needs to home for this to happen.

Receive another appointment booked in for 24 April. Call Exetel to check that the work outside has been done and that the technician attending is aware of the previous connection attempts. Exetel cannot find any record of the first technician visits on there system. They cant advise if this 3rd technician is indeed coming just to do the work outside (if so why do we need to be there?) or whether the work outside has been done. Exetel contacts the contractor but can do nothing more than repeat that the contractor requires you to be there. Exetel puts in a request for the contractor to call me, which of course never happens. I ask for compensation if the technician arrives just to tell me that they need to do work outside, which is denied.

I appreciate that Exetel is somewhat at the mercy of the NBN the contractor, but I expect Exetel to advocate for me and have access to a record of all the technician visits . The fact that Exetel does not have an accurate record of technician visits, and cannot properly communicate with the contractor to advise whether necessary work has been done is a real issue. I reason I am writing this is because I gave up waiting on hold to talk to Exetel. I had been on hold for 15 minutes without indication how long the wait was and no option for a call back. It's just too easy to tell me that me or my wife must take another day off work without recourse or compensation due to poor communication with the contractors.

Cmon guys. It cant be that difficult.
Service Number: 0201443953

marknat

Re: NBN Connection

Post by marknat » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:22 am

So...the technician arrives today. Spends an hour and tells me that they have to do work outside and can they have my permission....

That's groundhog day again. That's after I spend an hour on the phone with Exetel last week to make sure the required work outside was getting done ahead of a technician visit today. Compensation? Zero.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: NBN Connection

Post by KavindaS » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:56 pm

marknat wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:22 am
So...the technician arrives today. Spends an hour and tells me that they have to do work outside and can they have my permission....

That's groundhog day again. That's after I spend an hour on the phone with Exetel last week to make sure the required work outside was getting done ahead of a technician visit today. Compensation? Zero.
Sorry to hear that your Exetel experience hasn’t been great so far. I have checked the provisioning ticket reference number 14850887 and commented your feedback accordingly. As a separate escalation, I have emailed their management to specifically check this and provide you a feedback, based on the work to be completed and the credit adjustments.