Have NBN but still paying for ADSL

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
brutalwookie

Have NBN but still paying for ADSL

Post by brutalwookie » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi there,

i had my NBN service connected and active since the 27th of March, all well and good so far.
so obviously from that day i have not been using my old ADSL service, but this month i received a bill for both the NBN and ADSL.
Now i would've thought that the ADSL service will have been cancelled, and the number associated with that would be transferred to the NBN line, so i could continue to receive calls through the VoIP service without having to give out a new number, especially since both services are with Exetel.

I did call the helpdesk about the phone number being transferred, and was told it could take up to 14 days to be transferred. now a month and still waiting.

please can we sort this out

Regards,

Richard

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Have NBN but still paying for ADSL

Post by KavindaS » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:19 pm

brutalwookie wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:42 pm
Hi there,

i had my NBN service connected and active since the 27th of March, all well and good so far.
so obviously from that day i have not been using my old ADSL service, but this month i received a bill for both the NBN and ADSL.
Now i would've thought that the ADSL service will have been cancelled, and the number associated with that would be transferred to the NBN line, so i could continue to receive calls through the VoIP service without having to give out a new number, especially since both services are with Exetel.

I did call the helpdesk about the phone number being transferred, and was told it could take up to 14 days to be transferred. now a month and still waiting.

Regards,

Richard
Can you PM em your customer id or the ADSL service number, and I will check the status accordingly ?

Lowga

Post by Lowga » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi There,

I am also in the same position as Richard where I am being charged for both ADSL & NBN. I have been waiting for almost 5 weeks to have my phone ported to my NBN account. Phone is provided by Exetel.
I have been promised on 2 occassions that this would be completed within 24hours. I have emailed provisioning and billing twice with no response. My phone calls to billing say they can't do anything until the phone has been ported and ADSL account has been cancelled.

Please help as the lack of phone line is impacting on my wife's employment.

Regards,
Graham

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:05 pm

Lowga wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:22 pm
Hi There,

I am also in the same position as Richard where I am being charged for both ADSL & NBN. I have been waiting for almost 5 weeks to have my phone ported to my NBN account. Phone is provided by Exetel.
I have been promised on 2 occassions that this would be completed within 24hours. I have emailed provisioning and billing twice with no response. My phone calls to billing say they can't do anything until the phone has been ported and ADSL account has been cancelled.

Please help as the lack of phone line is impacting on my wife's employment.

Regards,
Graham
Hi Graham,

Since you have provided the reference details via the other thread viewtopic.php?f=329&t=44670, I will check and reply to you on the same thread.

Milk Man

Post by Milk Man » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:57 pm

My NBN was connected in March and I received email saying my ADSL would be deactivated in 3 business days. Over a month later the phone has not been ported to VOIP and I have received a bill for ADSL that I should no longer have. I sent 2 unanswered emails. Finally got through to Exetel on the phone on 17/4/19 and was told it will be given priority and done in a week. Nothing has happened still and I will be overcharged this month.

Fed up I sent a complaint email [Exetel Complaints #14901708] on Friday. According to exetel's complaint policy a case manager should have contacted me in 2 business days. I have heard nothing. So I am going to escalate the complaint as per your policy which if then left unresolved can be referred to the Ombudsman. I could probably also refer to ACCC as you are charging for services you should not be providing.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed May 01, 2019 1:08 am

Milk Man wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:57 pm
My NBN was connected in March and I received email saying my ADSL would be deactivated in 3 business days. Over a month later the phone has not been ported to VOIP and I have received a bill for ADSL that I should no longer have. I sent 2 unanswered emails. Finally got through to Exetel on the phone on 17/4/19 and was told it will be given priority and done in a week. Nothing has happened still and I will be overcharged this month.

Fed up I sent a complaint email [Exetel Complaints #14901708] on Friday. According to exetel's complaint policy a case manager should have contacted me in 2 business days. I have heard nothing. So I am going to escalate the complaint as per your policy which if then left unresolved can be referred to the Ombudsman. I could probably also refer to ACCC as you are charging for services you should not be providing.
Firstly, I would like to apologise to you on behalf of Exetel for any inconvenience you may have experienced with relation to this matter.

I have referred the complaint ticket reference 14901708, and addressed directly with the provisioning department manager to check and provide you a feedback accordingly.

brutalwookie

Post by brutalwookie » Mon May 06, 2019 4:08 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:19 pm
brutalwookie wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:42 pm
Hi there,

Regards,

Richard
Can you PM em your customer id or the ADSL service number, and I will check the status accordingly ?
PM Sent.

brutalwookie

Post by brutalwookie » Tue May 07, 2019 12:43 pm

did you receive my PM?

i sent it yesterday but it shows it sitting in my outbox

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue May 07, 2019 1:49 pm

brutalwookie wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:43 pm
did you receive my PM?

I have now received the PM. I will check this and provide you a feedback accordingly.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue May 07, 2019 5:25 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:49 pm
brutalwookie wrote:
did you receive my PM?

I have now received the PM. I will check this and provide you a feedback accordingly.
I have further checked this with our provisioning department, and based their on internal comments, process of porting the PSTN to VOIP appears to be still pending with our wholesale supplier. However, I have requested them to check this, and email you in detail via the ticket reference number 14988325 today.

Milk Man

Post by Milk Man » Tue May 07, 2019 9:40 pm

I received the below email response to my complaint (Provisioning #14901708) on 1 May 2019:

We thank you for your e-mail and apologize for the late response.
The phone and ADSL service remains active to get the porting completed, we are unable to cancel the records as a pending request on the phone line would interrupt this process. The porting of the phone number has been delayed from our suppliers end. WE have been trying to complete the request since the day the Fibre service activated and we have escalated to our suppliers to complete the request.
We will arrange a refund for the phone and ADSL service for the month of April and May (if charged). We should be able to get this done in the next few days as per our suppliers and will confirm once it has been activated.
Please advise if further information or assistance is required

Porting still not done and no further correspondence received. I was billed for ADSL & phone line rental again on 2 May 2019. It is nearly 7 weeks since the NBN was connected. I have been overcharged 2 months. You have apparently escalated with your supplier and still nothing happens. Is there someone higher in Exetel I should speak to?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue May 07, 2019 10:18 pm

Milk Man wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:40 pm
Porting still not done and no further correspondence received. I was billed for ADSL & phone line rental again on 2 May 2019. It is nearly 7 weeks since the NBN was connected. I have been overcharged 2 months. You have apparently escalated with your supplier and still nothing happens. Is there someone higher in Exetel I should speak to?
I have escalated this with the Manager- Provisioning department. You should get a response through the same email thread.

brutalwookie

Post by brutalwookie » Tue May 14, 2019 1:59 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:25 pm
KavindaS wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:49 pm
brutalwookie wrote:
did you receive my PM?

I have further checked this with our provisioning department, and based their on internal comments, process of porting the PSTN to VOIP appears to be still pending with our wholesale supplier. However, I have requested them to check this, and email you in detail via the ticket reference number 14988325 today.
Its now been a week and i have no reply.
can you tell me whats going on, and will i be refunded or credited for the charge on my old ADSl service.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue May 14, 2019 7:04 pm

brutalwookie wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:59 pm

can you tell me whats going on, and will i be refunded or credited for the charge on my old ADSl service.
I have checked this further with our provisioning sysytem, and the service activation is still in progress. Your new reference number is 14644525.

However, this has been internally escalated and you will be informed accordingly.

brutalwookie

Post by brutalwookie » Thu May 16, 2019 4:06 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:04 pm
brutalwookie wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:59 pm

I have checked this further with our provisioning sysytem, and the service activation is still in progress. Your new reference number is 14644525.

However, this has been internally escalated and you will be informed accordingly.
so STILL nothing and i've been charged again.i get the porting is out of your hands but you don't have to charge me AGAIN for a service I'm clearly not using anymore.
C'mon guys sort it out.