netgear orbi

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
ianarelle

netgear orbi

Post by ianarelle » Wed May 29, 2019 6:35 pm

Hi everyone I have issues with my previous modem reaching throughout all my house. I am getting NBN connected this week and have received my exetel NBN modem( ZTE) just wondering what coverage is like. Also is it possible to bridget a netgear Orbi router to the ZTE modem. Looking at the Orbi for a couple of reasons, one the coverage and also the parent control features that come with it. From what I understand is there is no such parent controls with the ZTE. I am also tendering my landline to VOIP. will there be any issues with using the Netgear Orbi. Is this a simple process to do? thanks

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Re: netgear orbi

Post by nilushid » Wed May 29, 2019 8:43 pm

ianarelle wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:35 pm
Hi everyone I have issues with my previous modem reaching throughout all my house. I am getting NBN connected this week and have received my exetel NBN modem( ZTE) just wondering what coverage is like. Also is it possible to bridget a netgear Orbi router to the ZTE modem. Looking at the Orbi for a couple of reasons, one the coverage and also the parent control features that come with it. From what I understand is there is no such parent controls with the ZTE. I am also tendering my landline to VOIP. will there be any issues with using the Netgear Orbi. Is this a simple process to do? thanks
Hi
WiFi coverage actually based on the environment and what obstacles are near by. You have two WiFi bands available on this modem.2.4G WiFi band can go longer distance. The 5G wireless band can go shorter distance but gives better speed than 2.4G WiFi band. You can use ZTE modem on Bridge mode. For more information please refer to the following link

http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... ridge_Mode

Unfortunately there is no parent control feature available with ZTE. If the ZTE modem in bridge mode, you will have to configure the VoIP on the Netgaer modem. The Netgear modem should be VoIP compatible.

ianarelle

Post by ianarelle » Thu May 30, 2019 6:36 am

thanks for that reply
what are VOIP settings that I will need to enter

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Post by nilushid » Thu May 30, 2019 12:40 pm

ianarelle wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:36 am
thanks for that reply
what are VOIP settings that I will need to enter
You will need following settings

User ID - Your 10 digit VoIP number (Once active you will receive via email)
VoIP Password - Your VoIP password (Once active you will receive via email)
Domain - sip1.exetel.com.au
SIP Port - 5060
Display Name - Your 10 digit VoIP number
Authorization Name - Your 10 digit VoIP number

Additional Settings

Codec - G.729 (ADSL 1 512kbps - 1500kbps) G.711U (ADSL 1 8000kbps - ADSL 2)
Packet Size - 20msec

ianarelle

Post by ianarelle » Thu May 30, 2019 8:05 pm

thanks for the help
When i connect my netgear router to the ZTE and put the ZTE in bridge mode are there any special settings I need to enter into the netgear Nighthawk router
thanks

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Post by nilushid » Thu May 30, 2019 9:24 pm

ianarelle wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:05 pm
thanks for the help
When i connect my netgear router to the ZTE and put the ZTE in bridge mode are there any special settings I need to enter into the netgear Nighthawk router
thanks
You will need to check this with Netgear directly since Exetel is not aware of the Netgear router settings. You can contact Netgear using below contact numbers.
Netgear - 1300 361 254

ianarelle

Post by ianarelle » Fri May 31, 2019 8:26 am

thanks for this. I should have clarified my question In the instructions for setting the ZTE bridge mode the last step is to set it as PPPoE client with my exetel broadband credentials. what are my credentials
thanks

HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Post by HimaJ » Fri May 31, 2019 10:50 pm

Thank you for the forum post.

We could not find any service under the IP address. In case of you have any Exetel ticket reference number please provide us via this thread where we can look into the matter urgently.

If not please drop us an email with with service number in the subject line to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this.