NBN Service constantly resetting

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
squeakytown

NBN Service constantly resetting

Post by squeakytown » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:24 pm

Hi,
All Continuously today our nbn service has been resetting, connecting and then disconnecting every few minutes.
Each time the router is attempting to cycle thru it’s normal startup sequence of connecting to dsl then Exetel.
Connection is made only to drop out and start again over and over every few minutes.

The Exetel message says there is a NSW wide outage and to check the forum, but the only outages on the formum are for other individual suburbs. I have three other Exetel customers near by all connected to the same node who are unaffected. Ie no disconnections all day.

Please advise.
Dave SSLSC.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: NBN Service constantly resetting

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:28 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:24 pm
Hi,
All Continuously today our nbn service has been resetting, connecting and then disconnecting every few minutes.
Each time the router is attempting to cycle thru it’s normal startup sequence of connecting to dsl then Exetel.
Connection is made only to drop out and start again over and over every few minutes.

The Exetel message says there is a NSW wide outage and to check the forum, but the only outages on the formum are for other individual suburbs. I have three other Exetel customers near by all connected to the same node who are unaffected. Ie no disconnections all day.

Please advise.
Dave SSLSC.
Hi Dave,

Did you refer here to the service number ending with 02.....989 ? If not, can you PM me the exact service number to check?

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi,

Service number PMed.

This is for the Shellharbour Surf Life Saving club.

The connection remain up from 13:00 to 14:35, disconnect and then stay up again until 16:04. Reconnected and lasted until 16:27 and disconnected again. Up again about 17:00.

The morning was worse. I assume Ex tel can see the continuous login and disconnect for this customers account.

Dave

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:56 am

Hi,

So far today no drop outs...
6am to 8am ok.

Dave

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:26 am

Hi,

Dropped out from 8:00 to 8:10...
Dave

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:11 am

Please note, going thru the connection history the dropouts have been occurring for some time.
Some days with many, then it might be ok for 2 days and then More.

A new Exetel supplied netcomm modem was installed on March 19th This year.
Unfortunately my logs do not go back before then to tell if the issue was present before.

Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:18 am

squeakytown wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:11 am
Please note, going thru the connection history the dropouts have been occurring for some time.
Some days with many, then it might be ok for 2 days and then More.

A new Exetel supplied netcomm modem was installed on March 19th This year.
Unfortunately my logs do not go back before then to tell if the issue was present before.

Dave
Hi Dave,

PM received and thank you. I have monitored the service and traced the radius logs for the passed 48 hours. As you said, this seems to be an intermittent drop issue, since I could locate random radius hits.

I have logged a service issue under the ticket reference number 15263478 for this service. I will first check for any possible outages and get the supplier to perform a port re sync accordingly. Once there is an update, we will provide to the nominated mobile number 04.....043. If you need to nominate a different number, you may PM me that and I will update the fault ticket.

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:35 am

Hi,

NBN Service technician has been scheduled for 8am to 12 non Wednesday.
This site is NOT a residential house, and access can be granted by contacting the assigned contact mobile number.
When contacted i can be onsite within 3 minutes walk.

Can you please ensure the NBN Technician is provided the Services contact mobile to gain access to the building.
I will also ensure the contact number is clearly displayed on the building doors for the NBN representative.

Dave

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:39 pm

NBN Tech has been and gone.
Connection has been stable so far...

The Line was 'wet' from rain a few months ago providing heavy resistance.

Once I confirm we are consistently stable, i'll try our original Exetel supplied ZTE modem again. This was replaced when we found our spare Netcomm was able to connect to the NBN but the ZTE could not.
I am now suspecting that we purchase another new Netcomm when it was purely the bad line that the Exetel ZTE branded modems could not cope with at all (No DSL sync was successful with ZTE).

Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:19 pm

squeakytown wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:39 pm
NBN Tech has been and gone.
Connection has been stable so far...

The Line was 'wet' from rain a few months ago providing heavy resistance.

Once I confirm we are consistently stable, i'll try our original Exetel supplied ZTE modem again. This was replaced when we found our spare Netcomm was able to connect to the NBN but the ZTE could not.
I am now suspecting that we purchase another new Netcomm when it was purely the bad line that the Exetel ZTE branded modems could not cope with at all (No DSL sync was successful with ZTE).

Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the feedback and informing the status of the connection. We are waiting for the supplier closure notes. We will provide you a feedback accordingly, once we have received the technician work closure details.