Still haven't got internet

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Post Reply
lorby89@hotmail.com
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:46 pm

Still haven't got internet

Post by lorby89@hotmail.com » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi guys, hoping someone from exetel can respond to me on here.

Signed up for a new nbn service 2 weeks ago (15-6-19). Got told activation would take place on 24-6-19 and I also received my modem in the mail.

When I received the modem, I lodged a ticket online with exetel saying I need an NBN connection box as well. As my property I just moved in to doesn't seem to have one (has the nbn co-ax port only), perhaps the old owners took it?? (ticket 15395563 lodged 20-6-19).

Anyway, that was over a week ago, I've lodged more tickets, my service still says pending, I haven't heard from a technician and the only response I've had from any of my tickets apart from the auto-reply has been "It's been handed to another department"

Every time I try and talk to tech support I'm number 1xx in the queue with a 2+ hour wait.

What on earth is going on???

nilushid
Admin
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:18 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Still haven't got internet

Post by nilushid » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:02 pm

lorby89@hotmail.com wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:32 pm
Hi guys, hoping someone from exetel can respond to me on here.

Signed up for a new nbn service 2 weeks ago (15-6-19). Got told activation would take place on 24-6-19 and I also received my modem in the mail.

When I received the modem, I lodged a ticket online with exetel saying I need an NBN connection box as well. As my property I just moved in to doesn't seem to have one (has the nbn co-ax port only), perhaps the old owners took it?? (ticket 15395563 lodged 20-6-19).

Anyway, that was over a week ago, I've lodged more tickets, my service still says pending, I haven't heard from a technician and the only response I've had from any of my tickets apart from the auto-reply has been "It's been handed to another department"

Every time I try and talk to tech support I'm number 1xx in the queue with a 2+ hour wait.

What on earth is going on???
Hi Andrew

We have escalated your inquiry to our Activation / Provisioning team. They will get back to you on this asap. We do apologize for the inconveniences caused to you.

Ref: 15395563

lorby89@hotmail.com
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:46 pm

Re: Still haven't got internet

Post by lorby89@hotmail.com » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:17 pm

What a joke...

Called up at 11:41am this morning to see what's going on as I still have not heard anything at all. "You are caller number 131 your estimated wait time is 112 minutes" so I choose the call back option.

Just got my call back then, gave all my details and he said, this is a problem for the provisioning department (of which there doesn't seem to a phone menu option for.


Wait on hold for a bit and then get the lovely message "you are caller number 142, your estimated wait time is 102 minutes"


WHAT THE CRAP IS GOING ON???? I just want internet at my house, how hard is it??? Can I cancel entirely and just go with another provider who might actually communicate with me

lorby89@hotmail.com
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:46 pm

Re: Still haven't got internet

Post by lorby89@hotmail.com » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:24 pm

I can't even call to cancel my service!!! There's no option to receive a call back and a 148 minute wait!!!

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Still haven't got internet

Post by KavindaS » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:36 pm

lorby89@hotmail.com wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:24 pm
I can't even call to cancel my service!!! There's no option to receive a call back and a 148 minute wait!!!
Firstly, we’re sorry you’ve been caught up in the mess of our large call queues. We are in the process of improving our call answering service and overall quality offered to our customer. In the near future we hope to serve you better.

As we have informed before, we have already made the necessary escalations through the ticket id 15395563 with our provisioning department. Service status still in pending stage.

At this stage, do not select or call the tech support, since your applied service is pending. You have the option to select to talk with provisioning, by selecting option #3 (check your order status) 8.30am to 5.30pm AEST. If you need to cancel the service, select option #2 and then option #7.

However, I have further informed this with their management, and asked to check and provide you a feedback tomorrow.

lorby89@hotmail.com
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:46 pm

Re: Still haven't got internet

Post by lorby89@hotmail.com » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:14 pm

This just keeps getting better. I called provisioning today (now that I know it's under the "orders" menu option)

Apparently my ticket from the 20-6-19 was never actioned. My follow up tickets last week were never actioned. None of these so called "escalations" have been looked at.

They have put the order in today for an nbn tech. That's right today and only after I had to call up yet again. Person on the phone couldn't tell my why my multiple tickets weren't looked at.

So now I have to wait again... I might get internet in Spring some time. In the meantime I still can't do my job from home.

MenakaD
Exetel Staff
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:49 pm

Re: Still haven't got internet

Post by MenakaD » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:02 pm

lorby89@hotmail.com wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:14 pm
This just keeps getting better. I called provisioning today (now that I know it's under the "orders" menu option)

Apparently my ticket from the 20-6-19 was never actioned. My follow up tickets last week were never actioned. None of these so called "escalations" have been looked at.

They have put the order in today for an nbn tech. That's right today and only after I had to call up yet again. Person on the phone couldn't tell my why my multiple tickets weren't looked at.

So now I have to wait again... I might get internet in Spring some time. In the meantime I still can't do my job from home.

Hi Andrew,

We apologies for the inconvenience caused. However as i advise you over the phone ,I have escalated your order with our supplier NBN and i am following this up with them.

I will keep you posted under the same Reference : 15395563.

Thank you.

dleonard0
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Still haven't got internet

Post by dleonard0 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:27 pm

I feel your pain... I feel like Exetel are torturing me.

I got FTTC self-install kit SIX DAYS AGO with immediate problems, and have only been able to speak to a real person this morning!

- The 133938 IVR's "Press 7 now to get a call back" has NEVER worked for me. (I've tried about 4 times, different days. I'm on a mobile)
- The email tickets have NEVER been responded to by real people; despite a daily "what is the status?"
- The only human support I've had is a "wait 48 hours" from whirlpool's GlennW, and now an hour on the phone essentially re-do all the setup steps and PLEASE WAIT ANOTHER 6 HOURS.

I was able to speak to a gentle Sri Lankan fellow in provisioning because I repeatedly called 133938 around 8.30am to get in early on the queue (I got in and was caller #5). After a full unplug & replug & let-me-see & "give it a few more hours and then call back", I asked if he could call me back at noon, he said THEY CAN'T CALL CUSTOMERS!?? They're a communication company and can't call customers...

Well, I've waited nearly 200 hours. I can tell there is no PPPoE session: Packets received on the ZTE WAN port has never exceeded 0.
But Exetel still keep having me wait... in case it self-heals??? What does the NBN say about my VDSL link quality? What traffic count has been measured? Surely this diag information is available from nbn? I asked these questions and was told to just wait. Nothing to let me see how things are progressing or to help me help myself. No explanation.

5 hours later it has been over 2 hours since I last "press 7 to have us call you back".. so now I am caller #24 waiting AGAIN. Maximally inconvenient. Decided to check out these forums for similar stories while listening to on-hold music.

People with non-provisioning tech support issues must be enraged. I tried that IVR option and "You are number 127 in the queue"... wow

I was also struct by errors in the initial automatic reply from provisioning@exetel .. it has incorrect phone number information! It says
"t: 02 8030 1000 Option 3 / 1300 393 835 Option 3"
but (a) that's for business customer support and (b) option 3 is "discuss partnering with us".

An another irritating mistake is that if you call 133938 and select "status of your order", and it says "enter your ADSL number followed by hash"; so I enter my 10-digit ADSL number, the voice starts saying something and then the HASH HANGS UP THE LINE! I did what you said and you hang up on me! Maddening!

judep
Exetel Staff
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:57 pm
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: Still haven't got internet

Post by judep » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:46 pm

dleonard0 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:27 pm
I feel your pain... I feel like Exetel are torturing me.

I got FTTC self-install kit SIX DAYS AGO with immediate problems, and have only been able to speak to a real person this morning!

- The 133938 IVR's "Press 7 now to get a call back" has NEVER worked for me. (I've tried about 4 times, different days. I'm on a mobile)
- The email tickets have NEVER been responded to by real people; despite a daily "what is the status?"
- The only human support I've had is a "wait 48 hours" from whirlpool's GlennW, and now an hour on the phone essentially re-do all the setup steps and PLEASE WAIT ANOTHER 6 HOURS.

I was able to speak to a gentle Sri Lankan fellow in provisioning because I repeatedly called 133938 around 8.30am to get in early on the queue (I got in and was caller #5). After a full unplug & replug & let-me-see & "give it a few more hours and then call back", I asked if he could call me back at noon, he said THEY CAN'T CALL CUSTOMERS!?? They're a communication company and can't call customers...

Well, I've waited nearly 200 hours. I can tell there is no PPPoE session: Packets received on the ZTE WAN port has never exceeded 0.
But Exetel still keep having me wait... in case it self-heals??? What does the NBN say about my VDSL link quality? What traffic count has been measured? Surely this diag information is available from nbn? I asked these questions and was told to just wait. Nothing to let me see how things are progressing or to help me help myself. No explanation.

5 hours later it has been over 2 hours since I last "press 7 to have us call you back".. so now I am caller #24 waiting AGAIN. Maximally inconvenient. Decided to check out these forums for similar stories while listening to on-hold music.

People with non-provisioning tech support issues must be enraged. I tried that IVR option and "You are number 127 in the queue"... wow

I was also struct by errors in the initial automatic reply from provisioning@exetel .. it has incorrect phone number information! It says
"t: 02 8030 1000 Option 3 / 1300 393 835 Option 3"
but (a) that's for business customer support and (b) option 3 is "discuss partnering with us".

An another irritating mistake is that if you call 133938 and select "status of your order", and it says "enter your ADSL number followed by hash"; so I enter my 10-digit ADSL number, the voice starts saying something and then the HASH HANGS UP THE LINE! I did what you said and you hang up on me! Maddening!
Hi,

First of all we would like to sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused by the multiple issues you had go through. Kindly PM me your Service details so we can further look into this and advice.

Thanks

Post Reply