Extremely low download speed

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
tin

Re: Extremely low download speed

Post by tin » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 pm

The Steam download I mentioned in my earlier post has gone up to 40mbps...
Looks like whatever dead cat was blocking tubes has been pushed out :lol: :mrgreen:
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

ryang

Post by ryang » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:25 pm

mitty wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:36 pm
I am not in NSW, and this has been an issue for at least 48 hours.
Same - been sub 1Mbps for a fair few days, didn't want to sit in the 80+ call queue so emailed them yesterday (#15604076).

Was just on hold for 2 hours to only be greeted by a "how was our service, on a scale of 1 to 10" message and then hung up on .... I am now understandably quite irate..

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Post by rasikak » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:02 pm

ryang wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:25 pm
mitty wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:36 pm
I am not in NSW, and this has been an issue for at least 48 hours.
Same - been sub 1Mbps for a fair few days, didn't want to sit in the 80+ call queue so emailed them yesterday (#15604076).

Was just on hold for 2 hours to only be greeted by a "how was our service, on a scale of 1 to 10" message and then hung up on .... I am now understandably quite irate..
thank you for reaching out. We have responded to your email and kindly let us know if any further issues. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

ereyec

Post by ereyec » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:16 pm

SW Sydney, issue is resolved now

Red Diablo

Post by Red Diablo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:28 am

This problem still exists for me (Newcastle) with extremely poor 0.8Mbps down and 15.6Mbps up on the Exetel Speed Test.

Fault ticket logged on Wednesday #15651610# but no other correspondence since.

46th in the support queue & a 78 minute wait when I called last night to get an update so gave up on that.

I can only assume that this is related to the NSW Fibre Issue which was marked on the Exetel web site as resolved on the 15th. However the link to the forum indicates that it was actually due to be rectified last night for the remaining fibre pairs. Would appear as though this wasn't completed or the issue is unrelated because performance is still terrible.

Left in the dark as to the actual cause and when it might be fixed.

I've had a good run with Exetel for 10+ years. This is their first major fail as far as I'm concerned.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:34 pm

Red Diablo wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:28 am
This problem still exists for me (Newcastle) with extremely poor 0.8Mbps down and 15.6Mbps up on the Exetel Speed Test.

Fault ticket logged on Wednesday #15651610# but no other correspondence since.

46th in the support queue & a 78 minute wait when I called last night to get an update so gave up on that.

I can only assume that this is related to the NSW Fibre Issue which was marked on the Exetel web site as resolved on the 15th. However the link to the forum indicates that it was actually due to be rectified last night for the remaining fibre pairs. Would appear as though this wasn't completed or the issue is unrelated because performance is still terrible.

Left in the dark as to the actual cause and when it might be fixed.

I've had a good run with Exetel for 10+ years. This is their first major fail as far as I'm concerned.
I have checked your service based on the provided ticket reference number. The outage you have mentioned has been fully resolved now, and it had not impacted to your service, according to the NBN provisioned details. Therefore, considering your performed speed test results, we need further advance test results to individually investigate. I will get this further checked and reply to you via the ticket reference #15651610.

Adzwithaz

Post by Adzwithaz » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:32 pm

I'm also experiencing slow download speeds (under 1mbps) with near full speed uploads.
It's been like this for around 2 weeks.
I'm in Zetland, NSW so if it is the outage there, it hasn't resolved for me.
I have cycled the modem.
Any ideas?
Regards,
Adam

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Adzwithaz wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:32 pm
I'm also experiencing slow download speeds (under 1mbps) with near full speed uploads.
It's been like this for around 2 weeks.
I'm in Zetland, NSW so if it is the outage there, it hasn't resolved for me.
I have cycled the modem.
Any ideas?
Regards,
Adam
Hi Adam,

Welcome to the Exetel forum :) . We have no ongoing outages for any throughput issues. Therefore, perform few speed tests via http://speedtest.exetel.com.au/ and send the results as in email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au for further investigations.

Adzwithaz

Post by Adzwithaz » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:09 pm

Thanks Kavinda,

I emailed around three days ago, Reference Number I was provided is - #15639108#

I've just sent a reply to the automated response and included a link to an exetel ookla speed test result.

I understand the team will be busy with a lot of enquiries due to the outages in nsw and Vic, so maybe they just haven't gotten to my email yet but if you could please check, I'd be grateful.

Kindest,
Adam

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Adzwithaz wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:09 pm
Thanks Kavinda,

I emailed around three days ago, Reference Number I was provided is - #15639108#

I've just sent a reply to the automated response and included a link to an exetel ookla speed test result.

I understand the team will be busy with a lot of enquiries due to the outages in nsw and Vic, so maybe they just haven't gotten to my email yet but if you could please check, I'd be grateful.

Kindest,
Adam
Hi Adam,

Thank you for providing the reference and your understanding. I will have one of our engineers to check the email ticket and follow up accordingly. you will have a response to your email, as soon as possible.

Red Diablo

Post by Red Diablo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:02 pm

My service has been restored. Download speed is back up to 37.9 Mbps.