NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
doggy
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by doggy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:26 pm

I manage three Exetel services. Two are already on FTTN and working fine.

Tomorrow, the final one is cutting over to FTTC.

I have received the Exetel ZTE modem. However, I need to put that into Bridge mode (which I know how to do).

My question is, will I still have the same PPPoE username and password as for the ADSL2+ that we have had for many years or will there be a new username and password? If new, how do I get the new information?

Naturally I'll be resetting the ZTE, but I'll check the connection is working first before doing that.

Regards,
Dave

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2564
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:43 pm

doggy wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:26 pm
I manage three Exetel services. Two are already on FTTN and working fine.

Tomorrow, the final one is cutting over to FTTC.

I have received the Exetel ZTE modem. However, I need to put that into Bridge mode (which I know how to do).

My question is, will I still have the same PPPoE username and password as for the ADSL2+ that we have had for many years or will there be a new username and password? If new, how do I get the new information?

Naturally I'll be resetting the ZTE, but I'll check the connection is working first before doing that.

Regards,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Did you receive the email confirmation for the new FTTC service activation? For the fibre you get the service activated under new service number. Therefore, you should receive an email with the radius credentials, and the received new ZTE modem to the new Fibre service, should be pre-configured with the new credentials.

doggy
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by doggy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 pm

Hi Kavinda, thanks for replying.
Activation is supposed to be tomorrow.
So, I have not yet received an email saying it is activated. I do have the modem- at the site.
Because I have to travel to the site, I am waiting to hear the activation has happened.
Then I will go and connect the Exetel ZTE modem.
If it works, I then need to reset it (losing the PPPoE credentials), configure bridge mode, and connect to our Draytek 2926.
From what you say, I'll need to change our existing ADSL2+ PPPoE credentials to the new ones.
So it sounds as if I should receive those in the activation email?
Thanks,
Dave

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2564
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:37 pm

doggy wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 pm
Hi Kavinda, thanks for replying.
Activation is supposed to be tomorrow.
So, I have not yet received an email saying it is activated. I do have the modem- at the site.
Because I have to travel to the site, I am waiting to hear the activation has happened.
Then I will go and connect the Exetel ZTE modem.
If it works, I then need to reset it (losing the PPPoE credentials), configure bridge mode, and connect to our Draytek 2926.
From what you say, I'll need to change our existing ADSL2+ PPPoE credentials to the new ones.
So it sounds as if I should receive those in the activation email?
Thanks,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Can I have the customer id of the new FTTC service? Or you may PM me the service number / contact mobile number nominated with the new FTTC service.

doggy
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by doggy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Hi Kavinda, I've sent you the details.
Many thanks,
Dave

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2564
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:56 pm

doggy wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:07 pm
Hi Kavinda, I've sent you the details.
Many thanks,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the PM. I have checked your records and the new service is still pending as expected. As soon as the service gets activated within Exetel records, you will receive an email with the radius credentials to configure the modem.

However, considering this is a FTTC service, it is recommended from the supplier to connect the configured modem and keep it on to complete the activation process.

doggy
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by doggy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:27 am

Hi Kavinda,
I have received texts from NBN and email from Exetel saying they cannot activate until I connect the NBN NCD and that they tried to activate but cannot detect the NCD.
BUT we have received NO NCD!
We HAVE received the Exetel modem.
I have just spent some time on the phone to Exetel support and they tell me that an NCD has been re-requested from NBN and should arrive some time next week.
They cannot provide a tracking number.
So, we will just have to wait until the NCD turns up.
Hopefully someone has told NBN that the reason that they cannot detect the NCD is because NBN has not delivered one.
I must say that the process with TPG was much easier because the NBN technician turned up with the NCD, I showed him where the lines were, he found the pit and cut things over and all was good.
Maybe Exetel would have been good too, if NBN had sent the modem.
Regds,
Dave

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2564
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:10 pm

doggy wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:27 am
Hi Kavinda,
I have received texts from NBN and email from Exetel saying they cannot activate until I connect the NBN NCD and that they tried to activate but cannot detect the NCD.
BUT we have received NO NCD!
We HAVE received the Exetel modem.
I have just spent some time on the phone to Exetel support and they tell me that an NCD has been re-requested from NBN and should arrive some time next week.
They cannot provide a tracking number.
So, we will just have to wait until the NCD turns up.
Hopefully someone has told NBN that the reason that they cannot detect the NCD is because NBN has not delivered one.
I must say that the process with TPG was much easier because the NBN technician turned up with the NCD, I showed him where the lines were, he found the pit and cut things over and all was good.
Maybe Exetel would have been good too, if NBN had sent the modem.
Regds,
Dave
Hi Dave,

I have checked the provisioning ticket number 15697722. Apologies for the delay in NCD delivery. However, I have requested them to follow up and provide you a feedback accordingly. We have already requested the supplier to fast track the process.

doggy
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by doggy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:25 pm

Thanks Kavinda,
Cheers,
Dave

doggy
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by doggy » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Hello Kavinda,
Still no NCD from NBN!!!
Regds,
Dave

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2564
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by KavindaS » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:58 pm

doggy wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:27 pm
Hello Kavinda,
Still no NCD from NBN!!!
Regds,
Dave
I have requested from the provisioning team to check from NBN and provide you a feedback tomorrow, about the delivery status of the NCD.

doggy
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by doggy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:21 pm

NOT Good Enough Exetel/NBN.
I have been a customer since 2004 and this is NOT how I expect to be treated.

1. I was advised last week by email and by SMS that an NBN tech would attend the site today. I have just wasted 6hrs of my time (travel plus 5hrs on site). NO technician. NO phone call. NO email. Just nothing. No courtesy as all.

2. Activation was due 25th July. But NBN did not send the NCD. I even got a text message "Have you forgotten to attach the NCD and turn it on?".

3. NCD was then supposed to be sent the following week. Nothing.

4. After 18days of nothing, I complained to Provisioning and was told that NBN needed to do more field work and that there was no ETA and no knowledge of timeframe.

5. Then I got a "how did we do" survey from Exetel. gave you 2 out of 10 (I was generous) and yet again explained the situation.

6. Following day, got the advice that an NBN technician was coming. Except no-one came. I was even told it might cost us $200 if we were not there! So, Exetel, because NBN was NOT there and totally wasted most of my day, please credit OUR account with $200.

7. I am not going back to the site if and when someone bothers to turn up. I have written the details on a sheet of paper and the secretarial services on the site will show the NBN person where things are. They can phone me if any questions and I might be available.

Totally fed-up,
David

doggy
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by doggy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:44 pm

Okay, I take it back.
I have misread the email which read "Morning 22nd April" which I misread as "Monday 22nd April".
So they are scheduled for THURSDAY not today.
My apologies and hopefully all will be well for Thursday.
David

doggy
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by doggy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:21 pm

I am pleased to report that the NBN tech turned up today as scheduled and successfully activated the FTTC connection.

I am further pleased that our old ADSL2+ PPPoE credentials continued to work and that we retained our old fixed IP address. Whereas it did not matter if the address changed, it does need to be fixed because our commercial grade VOIP service will only work with a fixed and predefined IP address.

It appears that NBN has not sent out NCDs to a number of addresses in our suburb. The tech did not know why that was the situation. However, it shows the previous problem when we were supposed to be activated a month ago was caused by an NBN issue and not Exetel.

Thanks everybody,

Best Regards,
David

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2564
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by KavindaS » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:02 pm

doggy wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:21 pm
I am pleased to report that the NBN tech turned up today as scheduled and successfully activated the FTTC connection.

I am further pleased that our old ADSL2+ PPPoE credentials continued to work and that we retained our old fixed IP address. Whereas it did not matter if the address changed, it does need to be fixed because our commercial grade VOIP service will only work with a fixed and predefined IP address.

It appears that NBN has not sent out NCDs to a number of addresses in our suburb. The tech did not know why that was the situation. However, it shows the previous problem when we were supposed to be activated a month ago was caused by an NBN issue and not Exetel.

Thanks everybody,

Best Regards,
David
Hi David,

Glad to hear the good news here. Regarding the IP address, I will check and provide you a feedback on your PM sent to me.

Post Reply