NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
doggy

Re: NBN FTTC PPPoE username/pw for BYO router

Post by doggy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:07 pm

Thanks Kavinda,
I have read on a couple of other posts here that there should be a new PPPoE username/password and also different fixed IP as otherwise we are still using the ADSL stuff and data passes through more servers which makes the connection slower. So, hopefully someone can get in touch with the new PPPoE username/password and also fix up the new fixed IP so then everything should be properly finalised and the connection achieving a better speed.
Regards & Thanks,
Dave

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Post by nilushid » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:19 pm

doggy wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:07 pm
Thanks Kavinda,
I have read on a couple of other posts here that there should be a new PPPoE username/password and also different fixed IP as otherwise we are still using the ADSL stuff and data passes through more servers which makes the connection slower. So, hopefully someone can get in touch with the new PPPoE username/password and also fix up the new fixed IP so then everything should be properly finalised and the connection achieving a better speed.
Regards & Thanks,
Dave
Hi Dave

As informed in the previous response, Kavinda will get back to you soon regarding this.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:40 pm

doggy wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:07 pm
Thanks Kavinda,
Regards & Thanks,
Dave
Hi Dave,

I have further checked this with our provisioning department. Still they didn't receive the final handover from NBN and that is why you didn't receive the activation completion email, including the modem config credentials. However, there is a possibility of having a physical working service, in terms of technical aspects.

I have captured the successful radius attempt from your new modem. Since your old credentials works under the same Exetel radius server, it should be working with any Exetel network service.

Considering your requirement of the service, I have manually assigned a static IP address to the new service and therefore, you may connect the new modem and use the service. Reference #15697722.

doggy

Post by doggy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:14 pm

Hi Kavinda,
Thanks for the excellent response.
Yes, it was all working with your ZTE router and the NBN NCD yesterday morning. Verified by the NBN guy and myself before he left. Perhaps he did not complete the internal NBN paper work? Anyway, thanks for overcoming that.

I have now utilised the new PPPoE credentials which are working fine.
Thanks also for the IP which looks fine.

The only problem is that downloads are still quite slow at around 30-40Mbps on a 100/40 FTTC service. We have a TPG NBN service running on another pair in the same cable and that is delivering 98/38.

I am testing on the Exetel connection, without other traffic, using:

wget http://home.exetel.com.au/speedtest/grass_15mb.jpg

I had hoped that getting the correct (rather than the old ADSL2+) PPPoE credentials would speed things up but not the case so far. Do you have any suggestions?

Regards,
Dave

doggy

Post by doggy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi Kavinda,
It would be better if I could test with a bigger file.
Is there something bigger than the 15MB test file and is there a better server than http://home.exetel.com.au?
Cheers,
Dave

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:02 am

doggy wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:00 pm
Hi Kavinda,
It would be better if I could test with a bigger file.
Is there something bigger than the 15MB test file and is there a better server than http://home.exetel.com.au?
Cheers,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Good to hear the service completion here. Please perform random times speed tests via http://speedtest.exetel.com.au/ and send the results to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au for further investigation.