Questions about going from ADSL -> NBN

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Arn

Questions about going from ADSL -> NBN

Post by Arn » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:17 pm

Hi,

NBN has just become available to us. Can I confirm some things before I order NBN?

1. I can't seem to change over to NBN from MyExetel directly, it looks like I need to sign up to NBN outside of MyExetel and login part way through, is that correct?
2. I wish to port my current ADSL/landline phone number over to PAYG VoIP - where do I specify that?
3. Does this process of ordering also cancel my ADSL when ported over, or do I need to do that as a separate step?
4. The previous owners of my house had Foxtel and Optus cable installed, but we didn't have either service. I can see under the house that the Foxtel cables and Optus cable seem to have been cut/removed before we moved in. How can I specify that NBN will need to do more than just switch us over, but instead will have to install new cables etc?

Thanks!

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Re: Questions about going from ADSL -> NBN

Post by nilushid » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:19 pm

Arn wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:17 pm
Hi,

NBN has just become available to us. Can I confirm some things before I order NBN?

1. I can't seem to change over to NBN from MyExetel directly, it looks like I need to sign up to NBN outside of MyExetel and login part way through, is that correct?
2. I wish to port my current ADSL/landline phone number over to PAYG VoIP - where do I specify that?
3. Does this process of ordering also cancel my ADSL when ported over, or do I need to do that as a separate step?
4. The previous owners of my house had Foxtel and Optus cable installed, but we didn't have either service. I can see under the house that the Foxtel cables and Optus cable seem to have been cut/removed before we moved in. How can I specify that NBN will need to do more than just switch us over, but instead will have to install new cables etc?

Thanks!
Hi
We have escalated your inquiry to our sales team and they will get back to you asap
Thanks

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Re: Questions about going from ADSL -> NBN

Post by nilushid » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:49 pm

nilushid wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:19 pm
Hi
We have escalated your inquiry to our sales team and they will get back to you asap
Thanks
Hi

The sales team has advised that they would need a customer ID or service number for the ADSL service you have with Exetel, so that they could check on your concerns. Can you please email our sales team on residentialsales@exetel.com.au your details or send a reference number given by Exetel

Have a great day!