Constant dropouts from a few minutes to several hours.

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Post Reply
Peter31
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:45 am

Constant dropouts from a few minutes to several hours.

Post by Peter31 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:59 am

C/N 471727
Reported this yesterday AM and advised it was escalated to your wholesaler.
Have heard nothing back, still happening.
NTD constantly recycling, then internet disappears but all four lights still green, then NTD recycles itself. Manually rebooting causes the modem to hang with just Power steady green, and Downstream flashing.
Eventually - hours sometimes it comes back, only to start recycling again after varying periods of time.

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2549
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Constant dropouts from a few minutes to several hours.

Post by KavindaS » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:02 pm

Peter31 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:59 am
C/N 471727
Reported this yesterday AM and advised it was escalated to your wholesaler.
Have heard nothing back, still happening.
NTD constantly recycling, then internet disappears but all four lights still green, then NTD recycles itself. Manually rebooting causes the modem to hang with just Power steady green, and Downstream flashing.
Eventually - hours sometimes it comes back, only to start recycling again after varying periods of time.
Service issue reported is being actively investigated by our supplier technicians. However, due to the complexity of the work required, we are unable to provide you with an estimated time of resolution. Exetel apologies for any inconvenience caused and will keeping pushing for an update. Ref No 16360907.

gonta2006@gmail.com
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:47 pm

Re: Constant dropouts from a few minutes to several hours.

Post by gonta2006@gmail.com » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:00 am

Having same problem in Glenelg 5045. Had ADSL for years never had any problems. Have had NBN for 6 months and what a disaster. Now dropping out every 2 to 5 minutes with same symptoms described. Exetel blaming wholesaler, wholesaler is nowhere to be found, meanwhile my business is suffering becuase I host website that nobady can access via our wonderful NBN - the worst part is that there is no end in sight.... :x

KasunW
Exetel Staff
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:03 pm

Re: Constant dropouts from a few minutes to several hours.

Post by KasunW » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:15 pm

gonta2006@gmail.com wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:00 am
Having same problem in Glenelg 5045. Had ADSL for years never had any problems. Have had NBN for 6 months and what a disaster. Now dropping out every 2 to 5 minutes with same symptoms described. Exetel blaming wholesaler, wholesaler is nowhere to be found, meanwhile my business is suffering becuase I host website that nobady can access via our wonderful NBN - the worst part is that there is no end in sight.... :x
Could you kindly PM your customer ID or the service number to further assist you on this.

gonta2006@gmail.com
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:47 pm

Re: Constant dropouts from a few minutes to several hours.

Post by gonta2006@gmail.com » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:43 pm

NBN = Not Broadband Network

gonta2006@gmail.com
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:47 pm

Re: Constant dropouts from a few minutes to several hours.

Post by gonta2006@gmail.com » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:29 pm

[Exetel Residential Technical Support #NAU-34629-646] Service No: 0891445525 - Fault Type: Fibre

gonta2006@gmail.com
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:47 pm

Re: Constant dropouts from a few minutes to several hours.

Post by gonta2006@gmail.com » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:31 pm

this is pityfull

I will need to revert back to 4G modem broadband in a desperate attempt to get back online.

rasikak
Exetel Staff
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:34 pm
Location: North Sydney

Re: Constant dropouts from a few minutes to several hours.

Post by rasikak » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:48 pm

gonta2006@gmail.com wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:29 pm
[Exetel Residential Technical Support #NAU-34629-646] Service No: 0891445525 - Fault Type: Fibre
Thank you for reaching out. As per our wholesale supplier the service is affected by a network issue and they are still working on the fix. However, we have raised this with our wholesale supplier management to fast-track the service restoration. Exetel apologies for any inconvenience caused and will keeping pushing for an update. Ref No 16364141

Reno200
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:49 am

Re: Constant dropouts from a few minutes to several hours.

Post by Reno200 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:05 am

Having the same issue in Cremorne (2090) since Friday mid-day. Called the technical support twice over the weekend and i am left with this strange feeling that we are going nowhere. Can we please get an update? Can you provide an estimated time of repair? More transparent communication would be appreciated.

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2549
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Constant dropouts from a few minutes to several hours.

Post by KavindaS » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Reno200 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:05 am
Having the same issue in Cremorne (2090) since Friday mid-day. Called the technical support twice over the weekend and i am left with this strange feeling that we are going nowhere. Can we please get an update? Can you provide an estimated time of repair? More transparent communication would be appreciated.
Can you provide the reference number you have received when you call technical support?

Post Reply