WIFI speed on NBN 100 plan

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
adellio

WIFI speed on NBN 100 plan

Post by adellio » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:48 pm

Hi I just increased my plan to 100/40 Mbps and now in the middle of the day the best I am getting is 30 - 45 Mbps upload. I know we've got HFC but I would have thought this might have been higher?
Service number 0201440844
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (41.56 KiB) Viewed 399 times

Surfn Chick

Re: WIFI speed on NBN 100 plan

Post by Surfn Chick » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:16 pm

Hello, I will assist with your initial enquiry. First, have you checked your User facility to confirm you are on the new plan?
Second, a speed test will never be accepted or accurate over WIFI! You must have a direct connection from your modem to a desktop or laptop.
Do these things first then come back here with your findings and hopefully the admins can have a better look at your service.

:
adellio wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:48 pm
Hi I just increased my plan to 100/40 Mbps and now in the middle of the day the best I am getting is 30 - 45 Mbps upload. I know we've got HFC but I would have thought this might have been higher?
Service number 0201440844
Capture.JPG

adellio

Post by adellio » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:07 pm

Yes - I have confirmed my plan and speed test via cable. Hopefully someone will actually look at my case now
exetel service.JPG
exetel service.JPG (25.72 KiB) Viewed 379 times

and here is my speed test 9:04pm plugged directly into the modem
speed test 2.JPG
speed test 2.JPG (51.4 KiB) Viewed 379 times

Surfn Chick

Post by Surfn Chick » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:54 pm

Again in the interim, have you checked the Forum "current maintenance and outage updates" to see if your area has been disrupted.
(No need for you to share that info on here).

Try turning the modem off, and back on after 5-10 minutes.

Just a suggestion, try a different device if that's possible.

If you only just have the issue, could be your neighbours are working from home.

One last thing, has the NBN only just come to your suburb?
If so, you will probably experience some disruption for a while before things start settling down.

Hope this all helps.
adellio wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:07 pm
Yes - I have confirmed my plan and speed test via cable. Hopefully someone will actually look at my case now
exetel service.JPG

and here is my speed test 9:04pm plugged directly into the modem
speed test 2.JPG

adellio

Post by adellio » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 pm

Thanks for the help @surfn chick. I've checked and there are no outages, I've had the modem off multiple times for now effect, it performs the same on all devices I connect, and we've had the NBN for about 6 months now.

Forgive me but I am new to these help forums. Is there where I get help from an exetel admin or is this a community help space? Any advice you can provide on this gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:11 pm

Is anything using the connection while you run tests?

Often we find that other devices are using bandwidth while the test is being run.

Surfn Chick

Post by Surfn Chick » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:22 pm

No worries. Happy to help where I can. My go to is to check the forum for outages before I start fiddling with anything. Next I use the search box to see if there is a current topic for my situation. 6 months can still be early days for some disruption not saying that is your problem though.

Looks like you are in good hands now but for the future you can log in to your members facility and log a ticket also.

adellio wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 pm
Thanks for the help @surfn chick. I've checked and there are no outages, I've had the modem off multiple times for now effect, it performs the same on all devices I connect, and we've had the NBN for about 6 months now.

Forgive me but I am new to these help forums. Is there where I get help from an exetel admin or is this a community help space? Any advice you can provide on this gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:12 pm

adellio wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 pm

Thanks
We would like to have a better investigation on your reported speed issue. Further, I have checked the service programming from the supplier network to Exetel end and it is perfectly set according to the 100M plan. However, we need further testing done from your side and therefore, we will send you an email to your nominated gmail address. You may continue the conversation through your email ticket reference number 16930517.