No internet most of the day at Bondi Beach 25/9

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
mortshag

No internet most of the day at Bondi Beach 25/9

Post by mortshag » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:28 pm

Some lack of service on 24/9 but today, apart from a short period of 30 mins of access in the morning it has been out all day. New ZTE modem has clearly no fixed the problem. Internet light is red, others are green.

As a member of IEEE I watched a webinar where one of the ISP providers explained how the industry had responded to the effects of covid demand by dropping the wholesale price. Guess what? During the covid lockdown we had a perfect service even with the previous modem. Now I suspect the wholesale pricing holiday is over and we are back to mispricing this product for the level of demand that it is encountering. There is no technical problem with my service - you simply cannot guarantee a stable service for the level of demand at the wholesale price you have to pay. Would a competitor be better? Probably not - the telecom swamp is inhabited by large crocs.

mortshag

Re: No internet most of the day at Bondi Beach 25/9

Post by mortshag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:39 pm

Customers will note there is not even a reply to this post.

RatheeshS
Exetel Staff

Post by RatheeshS » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention.
Please message me your Exetel customer ID, service number or a contact number to find out the service details and proceed with the investigation.

Thank you.

mortshag

Post by mortshag » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:27 pm

Not working again. And my private message from 27/9/20 is still stuck in my outbox? This is pure incompetence. Why does this happen regularly to me?

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:52 pm

mortshag wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:27 pm
Not working again. And my private message from 27/9/20 is still stuck in my outbox? This is pure incompetence. Why does this happen regularly to me?
Hi

Can you send us an email via the nominated email address and let us know the reference number. Or you can try to PM me your details to check whether it allows sending the message to me.

Support email address: - residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Thanks