Missing cables for LBNCo

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Towna86

Missing cables for LBNCo

Post by Towna86 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:51 pm

I’ve just moved into a new apartment complex where the internet is provided by LBNCo.

The issue I am having is that whilst there is a NTD/ONTin the wardrobe (a Huawei HG8311), it is literally just the box. There is no power for it and no fiber optic patch cable to connect it to the fiber outlet on the wall.

My question is who can arrange for me to get these necessary items. I called Exetel tech support and they didn’t seem to understand the issue I was having.

I know LBNCo will ultimately provide the infrastructure but who will arrange the technician visit: Exetel or the Strata?

Service ID: 0201528922@nsw.exetel.com.au

nilushid
Admin

Re: Missing cables for LBNCo

Post by nilushid » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:02 pm

Towna86 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:51 pm
I’ve just moved into a new apartment complex where the internet is provided by LBNCo.

The issue I am having is that whilst there is a NTD/ONTin the wardrobe (a Huawei HG8311), it is literally just the box. There is no power for it and no fiber optic patch cable to connect it to the fiber outlet on the wall.

My question is who can arrange for me to get these necessary items. I called Exetel tech support and they didn’t seem to understand the issue I was having.

I know LBNCo will ultimately provide the infrastructure but who will arrange the technician visit: Exetel or the Strata?

Service ID: 0201528922@nsw.exetel.com.au
Hi

We can ask the LBN to check the power of the NTD. But there will be terms and conditions to send out a technician. We will arrange a senior engineer to call you and assist you in this. The internal wiring (the connection from the NTD to the Data outlet) is the building management responsibility. Our enginner will explain this to you further.

Thanks