Network Change? - Mitel Softphone Issue

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Stackray

Network Change? - Mitel Softphone Issue

Post by Stackray » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:20 pm

Hey there,

I use a softphone system called Mitel for work while at home.

After last Wednesday while the software connects, there is no audio between users.

At first I assumed this was a computer issue and after troubleshooting (including formatting multiple times and trying configurations), it was not. I then tested on another laptop and experienced the same issue.

The final test was tethering my mobile phone to the computer and instantly the calls started working. So it is definitely an Exetel issue. I haven't made any changes to the network myself.

Is there any known change from early last week to Exetel's NBN service that would be causing this? I have logged a ticket a few days ago via email and haven't heard back yet.

Cheers.

nilushid
Admin

Re: Network Change? - Mitel Softphone Issue

Post by nilushid » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:33 pm

Stackray wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:20 pm
Hey there,

I use a softphone system called Mitel for work while at home.

After last Wednesday while the software connects, there is no audio between users.

At first I assumed this was a computer issue and after troubleshooting (including formatting multiple times and trying configurations), it was not. I then tested on another laptop and experienced the same issue.

The final test was tethering my mobile phone to the computer and instantly the calls started working. So it is definitely an Exetel issue. I haven't made any changes to the network myself.

Is there any known change from early last week to Exetel's NBN service that would be causing this? I have logged a ticket a few days ago via email and haven't heard back yet.

Cheers.
Hi

We are investigating this from our end currently. We will get back to you asap.

Thanks

Stackray

Post by Stackray » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:24 am

Hi, just wondering if there is any update for this?

Cheers

stevecJ
Exetel Staff

Post by stevecJ » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:40 pm

Stackray wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:24 am

Cheers
Hi,

This is still being looked in to and you will receive an update shortly.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

nuwanthaa
Exetel Staff

Post by nuwanthaa » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:14 pm

Stackray wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:24 am

Cheers
Hi,

We have sent an important email to your nominated email address under the reference: Case-656558. Kindly check and respond at your earliest convenience.

Thanks