Really unhappy - many issues

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel

Really unhappy - many issues

Postby 86204DV on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:57 am

The only way of getting some action is via this forum where Kavinda seems to respond. However once he passes to his backend team it goes into black hole.
Billing, complaints, provisional, activation and support teams - all are either too bogged down with all the issue (I guess there are heaps) or incompetent (sorry to say as this is not true).
My NBN FTTN has taken me to ADSL1 days. Performance is very poor in the evening hours. In the process of getting data to exetel on this. However, when I read all the other topics then surely a proactive approach can help Exetel itself and its customer base.
My other issue is billing. Exetel seems to have taken direct debit authority as license to bill and get paid as they wish. I have been getting billed for services not provided (VOIP number not provisioned) and call forwarding when I did not ask/authorize for it (it was provided as good will, I guess and thanks for getting 4-5 call forwarded to mobile during the outage).
Level 1 support team tries to help but I sincerely think they lack resources as the number of minutes I have to wait to get connected and listening to music while they go and investigate is too high.

Any way its too much of whinge here and I am getting tired of writing. Let me spend time writing to TIO now. And will think seriously of terminating contract if things stay as such.
For info - I have been with exetel around 10 years. Give me ADSL2 back!
86204DV

Re: Really unhappy - many issues

Postby 86204DV on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Hello Exetel,

My ticket is 11156013. It has been a week now since I provided supporting data.
NBN is unworkable.

Below is result of Exetel Speed test (on wireless) and I am on 25mbps plan.
Last Result:
Download Speed: 1724 kbps (215.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1504 kbps (188 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 23 ms
Jitter: 68 ms
2/4/2017, 9:45:44 PM
86204DV

Re: Really unhappy - many issues

Postby HimaJ on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:39 pm

Please note that we have logged a fault about the reported service speed issue to our wholesale supplier. We will provide you an update once we have a feedback from the supplier.

Your reference # : 11225641

Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this.
HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Return to Customer reviews