no entry in phone book

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
techoff2

no entry in phone book

Post by techoff2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:37 pm

It seems that Exetel does not have a check list on what to do when a customer switches over to the NBN.
Before the switch Telstra owned the copper wire and therefor the phone number that went with it.
It would tell Sensis, the people who put out the phone books, that the number on that line was still active.It would then be printed in the book.
After the switch NBN own the line and Telstra report that the line is now inactive and no report to Sensis and your phone number is removed from the next edition of the phone book.
Sensis cannot restore the number unless the ISP reports the information to them.
Hence I am no longer in the phone book , after being it for 28 years and will have to wait a year.
And by the way it also means that you are not in the online version, and no one can find you, great for business.
Exetel please add this check to the list of things to do when customers go to the NBN, as most of us will have to do.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: no entry in phone book

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:10 pm

techoff2 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:37 pm
It seems that Exetel does not have a check list on what to do when a customer switches over to the NBN.
Before the switch Telstra owned the copper wire and therefor the phone number that went with it.
It would tell Sensis, the people who put out the phone books, that the number on that line was still active.It would then be printed in the book.
After the switch NBN own the line and Telstra report that the line is now inactive and no report to Sensis and your phone number is removed from the next edition of the phone book.
Sensis cannot restore the number unless the ISP reports the information to them.
Hence I am no longer in the phone book , after being it for 28 years and will have to wait a year.
And by the way it also means that you are not in the online version, and no one can find you, great for business.
Exetel please add this check to the list of things to do when customers go to the NBN, as most of us will have to do.
Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused. This will be informed with the relevant authorities. I have checked your ticket reference number 13202707 and have received the Sensis confirmation. I will send you an email through the same ticket of their confirmation.