Poor service & numerous outages

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
Dgd

Poor service & numerous outages

Post by Dgd » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:38 am

For the 2nd time in the space of the month my Exetel fttc connection is down with the same fault. 4 days outage for the first fault, and after 5 days I've finally had a technician turn up only to claim that he's out of parts to repair the issue. No estimated time to resolution, 2 days taken off work for faults that are occurring outside the residence, over 3 hours spent waiting on hold for support and 40 minutes of asking for a credit for the service. The whole time the team member is trying to deny the responsibility for a credit! "you are paying for a residential service and there is no guarantee of access.."

Under Australian consumer law you are entitled to a credit for any period where a vendor is unable to provide a service they are charging you for. Why do you try and deceive your customers ?

I'm within rights currently to report Exetel to TIO for deceptive practices, you shouldn't have to argue with a company across Australian consumer law for the credit. They should be offering it to you - or turn the industry on its head, automate it - its not that hard..

Finally they agree to offer one months credit - wow. So 2 days off work, 3 hours waiting on hold, 10 days so far without service, and an unknown repair time equals one month credit ?

The time taken off work costs more than the monthly service cost!

fault #16749000

Dgd

Re: Poor service & numerous outages

Post by Dgd » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:34 pm

Still waiting for the promised call back from the Support team leader/manager - nothing for 24 hours, but did receive a text message that I should expect a technician in another 6 days time, and I have to take another day off work.

The nbn service is currently running at an abysmal 80% uptime - glad I pay for this privilege..

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:43 am

Dgd wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:34 pm
Still waiting for the promised call back from the Support team leader/manager - nothing for 24 hours, but did receive a text message that I should expect a technician in another 6 days time, and I have to take another day off work.

The nbn service is currently running at an abysmal 80% uptime - glad I pay for this privilege..
Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused. This has been followed up under the service issue ticket reference 16749000. However, we will provide you a feedback via the complaints ticket reference 16774669 accordingly.

Dgd

Post by Dgd » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:53 am

2nd Technician came out this morning, jiggled a few cables in the street and the service is working again, without replacing DPU. Now I'm just waiting for the service to fail again...

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:32 pm

Dgd wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:53 am
2nd Technician came out this morning, jiggled a few cables in the street and the service is working again, without replacing DPU. Now I'm just waiting for the service to fail again...
We will check the technician report and reply to you via the email thread 16777083.

Dgd

Post by Dgd » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:05 pm

Hi Kavinda,

No reply for 5 days now.. typical of exetel service.

Once again you have tried to suggest that the customer has no rights under your CSG, forgoing consumer law. This is simply not the case.

I am lodging a case with the ACCC.

Dgd

Post by Dgd » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:05 pm

Hi Kavinda,

Once again you have tried to suggest that the customer has no rights under your CSG, forgoing consumer law. This is simply not the case.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:38 pm

Dgd wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:05 pm
Hi Kavinda,

This has been escalated further to get check the credit request. We will provide you the feedback via the same ticket.

Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused.