Repeated Outages

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
Panda88

Repeated Outages

Post by Panda88 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:54 pm

I have been a long term customer of Exetel.

The prices they have been offering have been fair over the years.

The service reliability is a whole other story. Having had 3 outages this month alone is unacceptable. As we're currently working from home this has a significant impact on our lives at the moment.

The customer service is also horrible. Users are not properly notified of outages and when you call to discuss the impact of outages and request support nobody actions your call.

Exetel, please get your service quality under control otherwise you will lose another customer.

nilushid
Admin

Re: Repeated Outages

Post by nilushid » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:21 am

Panda88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:54 pm
I have been a long term customer of Exetel.

The prices they have been offering have been fair over the years.

The service reliability is a whole other story. Having had 3 outages this month alone is unacceptable. As we're currently working from home this has a significant impact on our lives at the moment.

The customer service is also horrible. Users are not properly notified of outages and when you call to discuss the impact of outages and request support nobody actions your call.

Exetel, please get your service quality under control otherwise you will lose another customer.
Hi

We are extremely sorry about the inconveniences caused. We understand your frustration over these outages.

Our network engineers are currently investigating these events with the supplier to minimize these interruptions. Once again we are extremely sorry about the inconveniences caused.

Thanks

Saltycaramel

Post by Saltycaramel » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:03 pm

I actually used to work from home too and there were so many outages! It’s embarrassing to have that happen in the middle of a vidmeeting.

Today I just found out about this forum, because for the entire day the internet has been out from 7am until 9pm. After I called their customer service line, the gentleman said there were disruptions or “upgrades” happening and that it will last for 4 whole days and proceeded to make me aware of this forum’s existence.

I was not notified about this disruption.. are we meant to monitor this forum that was built in 2005 to see if our address has disruptions?

I suggest management to consider notifying customers residing in addresses who are going to have disruptions ahead of time or at least on the day.

This affects people more than you think and at least for myself, would appreciate a heads up next time. :|

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:22 pm

Saltycaramel wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:03 pm
I actually used to work from home too and there were so many outages! It’s embarrassing to have that happen in the middle of a vidmeeting.

Today I just found out about this forum, because for the entire day the internet has been out from 7am until 9pm. After I called their customer service line, the gentleman said there were disruptions or “upgrades” happening and that it will last for 4 whole days and proceeded to make me aware of this forum’s existence.

I was not notified about this disruption.. are we meant to monitor this forum that was built in 2005 to see if our address has disruptions?

I suggest management to consider notifying customers residing in addresses who are going to have disruptions ahead of time or at least on the day.

This affects people more than you think and at least for myself, would appreciate a heads up next time. :|
Hi

Thanks for your honest feedback. We update the form for events like these but I understand the point you are raising here. I will pass these concerns to Exetel management. We are extremely sorry about the inconvenience caused.

Also, PM me your customer ID or the service Number, for me to check on your service and the upgrade ongoing.

Thanks