Pathetic

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
ednic

Pathetic

Post by ednic » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:09 pm

I have been an Exetel user for just on 15 years and am currently on the 50/20 NBN plan with 100 gb monthly allocation.
This is an exceptional usage month for me as I have gone over my monthly usage. I received an email advising me that
" if you have exceeded data quota it can reduce up to 256Kbps, because the account will be shaped. If you need to get your plan speeds again you will have to purchase extra data."

As the used data over the limit is only a small figure and because I have been with Exetel for so long, I rather expected that they would overlook this but no they have shaped my speed. It has been reduced from the 50/20 to less than 1 mbps. Ookla advises it is .6 mbps. This is a dramatic difference.

It would seem that Exetel only have excellent deals for new users on the service and the loyal and faithful have no entitlements or benefits.
I have arranged to transfer to another Provider who is offering unlimited downloads with very little cost difference in the monthly outlay.

bi bi Exetel.

taniya
Exetel Staff

Re: Pathetic

Post by taniya » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:38 pm

ednic wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:09 pm
I have been an Exetel user for just on 15 years and am currently on the 50/20 NBN plan with 100 gb monthly allocation.
This is an exceptional usage month for me as I have gone over my monthly usage. I received an email advising me that
" if you have exceeded data quota it can reduce up to 256Kbps, because the account will be shaped. If you need to get your plan speeds again you will have to purchase extra data."

As the used data over the limit is only a small figure and because I have been with Exetel for so long, I rather expected that they would overlook this but no they have shaped my speed. It has been reduced from the 50/20 to less than 1 mbps. Ookla advises it is .6 mbps. This is a dramatic difference.

It would seem that Exetel only have excellent deals for new users on the service and the loyal and faithful have no entitlements or benefits.
I have arranged to transfer to another Provider who is offering unlimited downloads with very little cost difference in the monthly outlay.

bi bi Exetel.
Hi

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We do offer very competitive unlimited plans. You have the option to change your plan to any of the unlimited plans available in the Exetel Member Facility by logging in to the portal. Kindly PM your service details and we can arrange a call back to assist you with the plan change.

Kind Regards
Exetel Residential Sales Team