The Exetel 6-year club

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
Col
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm
Location: NSW

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by Col » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:11 pm

Grr, I'm getting there. Only got one more year to go before I can join this club.

User avatar
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by jokiin » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:55 am

Col wrote:Grr, I'm getting there. Only got one more year to go before I can join this club.
won't it become the 7 year club then though?

Col
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm
Location: NSW

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by Col » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:18 pm

jokiin wrote:
Col wrote:Grr, I'm getting there. Only got one more year to go before I can join this club.
won't it become the 7 year club then though?
A boy can dream can't he? :)

In any case, the 5 year club thread is still open. I could have posted in that but decided to just post in the more recently active one.

User avatar
rooscoota
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:48 am
Location: Central West

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by rooscoota » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:33 pm

jokiin wrote:
Col wrote:Grr, I'm getting there. Only got one more year to go before I can join this club.
won't it become the 7 year club then though?
and the times flying by, only 4 months and it will be the 7 year club.

would be interesting to know how many of the first 1000 (pioneers) are still here.
since: 03/03/04

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:48 am

rooscoota wrote:
jokiin wrote:
Col wrote:Grr, I'm getting there. Only got one more year to go before I can join this club.
won't it become the 7 year club then though?
and the times flying by, only 4 months and it will be the 7 year club.

would be interesting to know how many of the first 1000 (pioneers) are still here.
Pioneer 'status' was given to the first customers who signed up with Exetel in the first two months of our existence and were still with Exetel in mid 2005 (some 552 customers) after the 'Lorraine Rose Incident'.

Today - there are some 278 'pioneers' still with Exetel.

bodogbodog
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by bodogbodog » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:05 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:Today - there are some 278 'pioneers' still with Exetel.
:D :D :D and loving it :D :D :D

tonkatuff
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:41 pm
Location: Wollongong

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by tonkatuff » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:48 pm

bodogbodog wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:Today - there are some 278 'pioneers' still with Exetel.
:D :D :D and loving it :D :D :D

Still hanging in there, Exetel gets better and better.
Will we be still classed as pioneers when Exetel starts selling NBN?

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:08 pm

tonkatuff wrote:
bodogbodog wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:Today - there are some 278 'pioneers' still with Exetel.
:D :D :D and loving it :D :D :D

Still hanging in there, Exetel gets better and better.
Will we be still classed as pioneers when Exetel starts selling NBN?
I don't see why not.

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:11 pm

One of the things we didn't have time to address in the days before new year was to put in place a formal loyalty program based on longevity.

We got close and the likely structure of the program we hope to have in place by 1/1/2011 may look like this with the following monthly discounts:

2 years - $2.50
3 years - $5.00
4 years - $7.50
5 years - $10.00

It requires more discussion, this level of discount will be very hard to get through, but will be formally advised to those people who 'qualify' by the end of next week.

bodogbodog
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by bodogbodog » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:44 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:It requires more discussion, this level of discount will be very hard to get through, but will be formally advised to those people who 'qualify' by the end of next week.
Can the Pioneers assume there will be no change to the current level of Pioneer discount offered to them? (given it's a lot more than the $10 being considered for 5 year customers)

Given your comments in this post over at the Pioneer discount thread - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37071#p282677 - is it viable to continue to offer it to the Pioneers. It's great to have but not if it compromises the viability of a group of customers although I guess it's now less than 300 who are receiving it

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:01 pm

bodogbodog wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:It requires more discussion, this level of discount will be very hard to get through, but will be formally advised to those people who 'qualify' by the end of next week.
Can the Pioneers assume there will be no change to the current level of Pioneer discount offered to them? (given it's a lot more than the $10 being considered for 5 year customers)

Given your comments in this post over at the Pioneer discount thread - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37071#p282677 - is it viable to continue to offer it to the Pioneers. It's great to have but not if it compromises the viability of a group of customers although I guess it's now less than 300 who are receiving it
The Pioneer discount has been around for a very long time and it reflects Exetel's gratitude to the people who stayed with us through a very bad period. It is not a 'cost justified' calculated marketing exercise - it is sheer emotion.

User avatar
thomashouseman
Posts: 750
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:06 pm
Location: Toongabbie
Contact:

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by thomashouseman » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:49 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: The Pioneer discount has been around for a very long time and it reflects Exetel's gratitude to the people who stayed with us through a very bad period. It is not a 'cost justified' calculated marketing exercise - it is sheer emotion.
Grrgh! to Lorraine.... GRRRGH!! to Optus backhaul provisioning (or lack of!!)

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:07 pm

thomashouseman wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote: The Pioneer discount has been around for a very long time and it reflects Exetel's gratitude to the people who stayed with us through a very bad period. It is not a 'cost justified' calculated marketing exercise - it is sheer emotion.
Grrgh! to Lorraine.... GRRRGH!! to Optus backhaul provisioning (or lack of!!)
We never let Optus forget about their back haul provisioning fiasco all those years ago - mainly because I have never forgotten the pain it caused us and our customers.

PaulT
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:22 pm

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by PaulT » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:55 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:One of the things we didn't have time to address in the days before new year was to put in place a formal loyalty program based on longevity.

We got close and the likely structure of the program we hope to have in place by 1/1/2011 may look like this with the following monthly discounts:.....
Are there going to be ways to grant credit for non-continuous service - or for closing one account and opening another during a move? For example we first joined Exetel with an application on 17/03/2004 (provisioned 23/03/2004) moved with a "relocation" of the service in Dec 2005 and moved again in 2008 when we cancelled the old account and opened a new one. I think the two accounts actually overlapped during that time. By the way, I was never offered the Pioneer Discount.

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:35 pm

PaulT wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:One of the things we didn't have time to address in the days before new year was to put in place a formal loyalty program based on longevity.

We got close and the likely structure of the program we hope to have in place by 1/1/2011 may look like this with the following monthly discounts:.....
Are there going to be ways to grant credit for non-continuous service - or for closing one account and opening another during a move? For example we first joined Exetel with an application on 17/03/2004 (provisioned 23/03/2004) moved with a "relocation" of the service in Dec 2005 and moved again in 2008 when we cancelled the old account and opened a new one. I think the two accounts actually overlapped during that time. By the way, I was never offered the Pioneer Discount.
Please send an email to paulp@exetel.com.au with your various FNNs and he will see what can be done.

Post Reply