The Exetel 6-year club

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
gong_guy

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by gong_guy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:32 pm

Hello Exetel, I got the email about the scaling back of the Pioneer discount. It was a very very generous scheme and I would like to thank Exetel for having it over all these years.

Having said that, I am on a more expensive plan than I really needed as the Pioneer discount made it cheap and I felt a little embarrassed to have such a big discount on a cheap plan. Now it is different, the cheaper plans makes sense.

Was the last paragraph in the email suggesting we would get the Transfer Fee to change plans waivered on this occasion if we call rather than doing it on web? That would certainly soften the impact of the removal of the Pioneer discount.

Either way, thanks again.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi Gong,

What plan are you on, and what plan did you want to move to?

James

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:35 am

James wrote:Hi Gong,

What plan are you on, and what plan did you want to move to?

James
Thanks sent PM

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Anyone else run into lately the Exetel Pioneer discount not stacking with any other offered discount?

I took up the EGN (Exetel gaming Network) offer for a $5 subsidised plan and now got this email from Exetel:
As for the loyalty/pioneer discount – we will only pay one discount or the other – depending on which is higher. So it appears that you chose to switch to an “EGN” discount of $5.00 per month which makes the loyalty/pioneer discount void because you can only have one or the other.

We have automatically selected the discount which gives a higher value.
T.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:00 am

Only one discount at a time Thomas.

MikeTurner

Post by MikeTurner » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:46 am

Does the pioneer discount work with the NBN?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:49 am

Yes.

MikeTurner

Post by MikeTurner » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:26 am

Thanks James for the fast response and the generous answer too.

I like it!

Viss

Post by Viss » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:01 pm

I joined Exetel when John Litton moved from "Swiftel" and started Exetel, I have been a loyal customer since then. I made my first post on Sat Aug 14, 2004 on the forums and im sure I was with Exetel before that. I have enjoyed growing with Exetel and seeing how the company has progressed, I have alway's spoken highly of your company, I currently own a computer store and will be giving Helstra the flick and moving my second service over to you as well, I recommend Exetel to allot of my clients and have done for years I really should get a dealers code I have been to lazy.... Any way just was reading through some of the older posts and came across this one thought I would kick it in the pants again...

Regards Viss

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:36 am

Viss wrote:I joined Exetel when John Litton moved from "Swiftel" and started Exetel, I have been a loyal customer since then. I made my first post on Sat Aug 14, 2004 on the forums and im sure I was with Exetel before that. I have enjoyed growing with Exetel and seeing how the company has progressed, I have alway's spoken highly of your company, I currently own a computer store and will be giving Helstra the flick and moving my second service over to you as well, I recommend Exetel to allot of my clients and have done for years I really should get a dealers code I have been to lazy.... Any way just was reading through some of the older posts and came across this one thought I would kick it in the pants again...

Regards Viss
We appreciate your continued patronage Viss.

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:12 pm

Smiling at the title - 6-year club indeed - were coming up to the 10 year club now (or some may already be members) - I'll notch up my 10 years in October
Happy birthday Exetel
I'm certainly looking forward to the next 10 years!

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:12 pm

bodogbodog wrote:Smiling at the title - 6-year club indeed - were coming up to the 10 year club now (or some may already be members) - I'll notch up my 10 years in October
Happy birthday Exetel
I'm certainly looking forward to the next 10 years!
We really appreciate you being a customer:)

silvestrae

Post by silvestrae » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:34 pm

Gee it's been a while for me too. I cant check usage or anything though because I've moved houses so many times and each move counts as a new service, but I joined at the age of 17 under my Mother's name. Can any Exetel admins check the line activation date of my original account?
Cheers :)

Edit: Knowing my original customer number would also be good, wondering if I was close to the first 1000.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:36 pm

silvestrae wrote:Gee it's been a while for me too. I cant check usage or anything though because I've moved houses so many times and each move counts as a new service, but I joined at the age of 17 under my Mother's name. Can any Exetel admins check the line activation date of my original account?
Cheers :)

Edit: Knowing my original customer number would also be good, wondering if I was close to the first 1000.
Next time it is better that you only PM us your service details without providing through the main thread :). As you said it is an old account and the first activated date recorded as 2004-10-25.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Now you know, I've zapped the details.....