The Exetel 6-year club

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
MikeTurner

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by MikeTurner » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:00 pm

Ive been trying for a month to get my pioneer discount across to the NBN.

Today, I was told that it does not operate on the NBN. James said above that it did. What is going on. I'm rather displeased at this.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:38 pm

MikeTurner wrote:Ive been trying for a month to get my pioneer discount across to the NBN.

Today, I was told that it does not operate on the NBN. James said above that it did. What is going on. I'm rather displeased at this.
News to me, please send me that email (james@exetel.com.au).

slave1

Post by slave1 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Happy member since August 2008 here & still going strong. I'm now on NBN 100/40 @ $79 / 500GB per month.

Transition was great, simple application via phone call, very fast install from the contractors a couple of weeks later (1 hour at my house), no early exit fee from old ADSL2 plan to new NBN plan (only one small issue where I was told that I was going to be charged the early exit fee after contacting to cancel my ADSL immediately after NBN activated, however this was quickly resolved in the same phone call), great speeds, couldn't be happier.

Thanks gang, keep up the great work.

doggy

Post by doggy » Thu May 05, 2016 6:13 pm

Is the Loyalty Discount the same as the Pioneer Discount?

I have been continually with Exetel for over 12yrs, in the first 1,000 or close to and received my "Loyalty discount of $1.29 a month for some time now.

Overall, very happy with those 12 years and have put a number of family and friends onto Exetel as well as some other sites which I manage.

I am looking to roll 3 services over to NBN from ADSL2+ when the availability happens.

I am hoping that I can transition from ADSL2+ to FTTN NBN in a fairly seamless fashion!

Regds,
Dave

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu May 05, 2016 6:46 pm

doggy wrote:Is the Loyalty Discount the same as the Pioneer Discount?

I have been continually with Exetel for over 12yrs, in the first 1,000 or close to and received my "Loyalty discount of $1.29 a month for some time now.

Overall, very happy with those 12 years and have put a number of family and friends onto Exetel as well as some other sites which I manage.

I am looking to roll 3 services over to NBN from ADSL2+ when the availability happens.

I am hoping that I can transition from ADSL2+ to FTTN NBN in a fairly seamless fashion!

Regds,
Dave
The pioneer discount is more than the loyalty discount, if you want to email your details through to james@exetel.com.au i'll have a look for you.

wozzie

Post by wozzie » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:11 am

Having not accessed the forum for a long time, I wasn't aware of these loyalty things. Check my usage and my first usage was 26/5/07 so that makes me a 9-year club member?! Just wondering if there are any benefits I'm missing out on? Thanks.

bodogbodog

Re: it's the 12 year club now

Post by bodogbodog » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:28 am

We're actually up to the 12 year club now :D
Very proud to be one of the "Pioneers" from the early days of Exetel - thanks for the service over the last 12 years

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:21 am

wozzie wrote:Having not accessed the forum for a long time, I wasn't aware of these loyalty things. Check my usage and my first usage was 26/5/07 so that makes me a 9-year club member?! Just wondering if there are any benefits I'm missing out on? Thanks.
Unfortunately not, we certainly do appreciate your custom over the years.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:22 am

bodogbodog wrote:We're actually up to the 12 year club now :D
Very proud to be one of the "Pioneers" from the early days of Exetel - thanks for the service over the last 12 years
We are indeed, thank you very much Bodogbodog for all your support over the years, we would certainly not be the company we are today without your support.

rooscoota

Post by rooscoota » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:30 pm

bodogbodog wrote:We're actually up to the 12 year club now :D
yep, same here.

12½ yrs and counting and no complaints or problems, or very few not worth mentioning, even when i moved address recently and had to go back to adsl1. hopefully fibre will get here soon.

same as bodogbodog proud to one of the pioneers. :D
since: 03/03/04

wreader

Post by wreader » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:03 am

I have been with Exetel continuously for 9 years. I receive no loyalty discount. How do you get this? And why have I not been offered it?

I can now move to NBN FTTN and am considering staying with Exetel. However, given the numerous forum write-ups stating that Exetel's NBN service is pretty woeful (including dropouts, slow speeds and poor support) I am thinking twice. Also the VDSL2 modem (NF10WV) supplied in the NBN plan appears to be pretty useless and could be part of the problem people are having. I would like to stay with Exetel but unless there is compelling reason why I will probably need to change to another RSP.

wreader

Post by wreader » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:04 am

I checked and I have been with Exetel for over 11 years - joined in 2005.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:39 pm

The NBN FTTN service requires VDSL2 modems that meet their specification. The few brands and models that do are registered by NBN, including the Exetel supplied Netcomm. You can see a list, with a caution about changed settings, at http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/fttn_regis ... dem_router.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:45 pm

wreader wrote:I have been with Exetel continuously for 9 years. I receive no loyalty discount. How do you get this? And why have I not been offered it?

I can now move to NBN FTTN and am considering staying with Exetel. However, given the numerous forum write-ups stating that Exetel's NBN service is pretty woeful (including dropouts, slow speeds and poor support) I am thinking twice. Also the VDSL2 modem (NF10WV) supplied in the NBN plan appears to be pretty useless and could be part of the problem people are having. I would like to stay with Exetel but unless there is compelling reason why I will probably need to change to another RSP.
It was for customers who joined before 2006.

The number of complaints is similar to any other provider, there are well known issues with FTTN.

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:45 pm

wreader wrote:I have been with Exetel continuously for 9 years.
Recent arrival then :)
Also the VDSL2 modem (NF10WV) supplied in the NBN plan appears to be pretty useless and could be part of the problem people are having.
Netcomm have in the last few days released new firmware for the NF10WV (V23) which seems to have addressed the LAN port issues I was having. The VOIP problems have also been addressed.