I'd like to switch to Exetel but...

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
AlephNull

I'd like to switch to Exetel but...

Post by AlephNull » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:00 am

I'm a happy Exetel 3G customer and, based on both my experiences and discussions with friends, I wanted to become an Exetel ADSL2, fixed phone and GSM customer as well. Based on my local exchange, Exetel advised that I have ADSL2 available and I have exchange battery on my Telstra copper loop (though I'm uncertain of the line quality).

Unfortunately, my experiences in actually applying for ADSL2 are less than positive. Exetel have refused to answer my question on how Exetel handles the situation where someone applies for ADSL2 but their line quality is inadequate. Exetel have also refused to accept my ADSL2 application because I don't have an active Telstra phone (it's a Telstra number ported to Optus) and are uninterested in providing any assistance in re-porting my number.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: I'd like to switch to Exetel but...

Post by jokiin » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:22 am

AlephNull wrote:I'm a happy Exetel 3G customer and, based on both my experiences and discussions with friends, I wanted to become an Exetel ADSL2, fixed phone and GSM customer as well. Based on my local exchange, Exetel advised that I have ADSL2 available and I have exchange battery on my Telstra copper loop (though I'm uncertain of the line quality).

Unfortunately, my experiences in actually applying for ADSL2 are less than positive. Exetel have refused to answer my question on how Exetel handles the situation where someone applies for ADSL2 but their line quality is inadequate. Exetel have also refused to accept my ADSL2 application because I don't have an active Telstra phone (it's a Telstra number ported to Optus) and are uninterested in providing any assistance in re-porting my number.
for a Telstra service you would need to do the port back yourself, that is normal and not something Exetel has a choice in from what I understand, if you are on Optus equipment though you may have better options available as the Optus based plans are cheaper

regarding the quality of the line it would be hard to give you firm answers I would think, Telstra have some minimum performance levels that they promise but these are generally quite low

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:20 pm

I called Exetel on Wednesday making an inquiry about moving my current naked service (with another ISP) back to Exetel's OF-200 service wanting to know the costs involved with moving me back from Naked etc. The very nice lady said to me the service is available tome but didn't know enough to advise costs, and what will be involved etc and suggested that I send an email to provisioning@exetel.com.au so I did that on Wednesday and have heard nothing back since. Can someone from Exetel get back to me with some official information please, preferably to my forum email address? Or at least tell me what I need to do to get the information? Thanks.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:59 pm

I have asked the appropriate person to respond to you.

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:03 am

ForumAdmin wrote:I have asked the appropriate person to respond to you.
Thank you sir.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Old Flame wrote:I called Exetel on Wednesday making an inquiry about moving my current naked service (with another ISP) back to Exetel's OF-200 service wanting to know the costs involved with moving me back from Naked etc. The very nice lady said to me the service is available tome but didn't know enough to advise costs, and what will be involved etc and suggested that I send an email to provisioning@exetel.com.au so I did that on Wednesday and have heard nothing back since. Can someone from Exetel get back to me with some official information please, preferably to my forum email address? Or at least tell me what I need to do to get the information? Thanks.
Please email me with your service number to eromalr@exetel.com.lk

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:21 pm

I am seriously not getting the information I need, I have tried with 3 emails now and each time (I have tried to be as clear as possible) I get answers that only 1/2 answer the questions or don't make any sense at all. The last one being that I need to go to my members area and change my plan. I am not with Exetel for ADSL and made this quite clear in my initial emails. Is there someone I can call that will be able to tell me:

1/ What is involved with switching my Naked service with another provider back to Exetel's serviced Optus plans and if there is any downtime involved etc.
2/ What the cost involved would be for the transfer side of it only (to get me back to a serviced line from Naked with another supplier). I can already see what the plan costs are.

I really don't understand why it's so hard. I keep questioning myself, but can't see why what I ask is so hard to answer.

This is getting quite frustrating. Or should I just forget it?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:45 am

Old Flame wrote:I am seriously not getting the information I need, I have tried with 3 emails now and each time (I have tried to be as clear as possible) I get answers that only 1/2 answer the questions or don't make any sense at all. The last one being that I need to go to my members area and change my plan. I am not with Exetel for ADSL and made this quite clear in my initial emails. Is there someone I can call that will be able to tell me:

1/ What is involved with switching my Naked service with another provider back to Exetel's serviced Optus plans and if there is any downtime involved etc.
2/ What the cost involved would be for the transfer side of it only (to get me back to a serviced line from Naked with another supplier). I can already see what the plan costs are.

I really don't understand why it's so hard. I keep questioning myself, but can't see why what I ask is so hard to answer.

I have asked the most competent person to reply to you. I am surprised Eromal was unable to assist you.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:39 am

Hi,

In relation to 1;

Simply fill out the application form on our website (http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_new.php). I should point out that these are bundled as we dont offer the naked product on its own.

In relation to 2:

The cost is as per what is stated on the form page ($40) this covers both transfers (same carrier network) and ports (inter-carrier). Now the assumption here is that you are already on the optus copper network.

IF you are not, you would need to cancel the service outright and we can then install a new service (@ $69)

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:15 pm

paulp wrote:Hi,

In relation to 1;

Simply fill out the application form on our website (http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_new.php). I should point out that these are bundled as we dont offer the naked product on its own.

In relation to 2:

The cost is as per what is stated on the form page ($40) this covers both transfers (same carrier network) and ports (inter-carrier). Now the assumption here is that you are already on the optus copper network.

IF you are not, you would need to cancel the service outright and we can then install a new service (@ $69)

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Yes it does. Thanks for that! I am definitely on Optus' copper network as I have switched between Optus providers previously with no dramas.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:34 pm

Yes it does. Thanks for that! I am definitely on Optus' copper network as I have switched between Optus providers previously with no dramas.
Great. Just remember as advised that if you transfer over it will be with phone included.

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:42 pm

paulp wrote:
Great. Just remember as advised that if you transfer over it will be with phone included.

Yep realize that, and being on Naked is not as flexible as it once was, so it would be good to get back on a serviced line. Only problem is that waiting all this time to get the details before signing up, the plans have changed (used to have free months) and is now the same price as my current Naked, instead of a better deal so I will have to have a think about it now.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Old Flame wrote:I am seriously not getting the information I need, I have tried with 3 emails now and each time (I have tried to be as clear as possible) I get answers that only 1/2 answer the questions or don't make any sense at all. The last one being that I need to go to my members area and change my plan. I am not with Exetel for ADSL and made this quite clear in my initial emails. Is there someone I can call that will be able to tell me:

I am sorry it was a oversight from my side that you are currently not with Exetel.

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:40 pm

EromalR wrote:
I am sorry it was a oversight from my side that you are currently not with Exetel.
No worries :) It was probably safe to assume I was, as I was writing in the Exe forum :wink: