Poor start to my mobile experience.

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
Chunter444

Poor start to my mobile experience.

Post by Chunter444 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Have had ADSL with Exetel for 3 years so decided to take up a mobile plan as it seemed pretty simple and good value, that is until I tried to port my existing mobile number across, and after holding for 35 minutes was told that that to use my existing number I would have to either cancel my new Exetel contract and re-apply indicating that i want t use my existing number or just pay for another contract and not use the other one.

Now it seems I can neither cancel or transfer my number without incurring cancellation fees. I've been with al the major telcos and transferring a number has never been an issue before usually takes 10 minutes at most. What is going on?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Poor start to my mobile experience.

Post by KavindaS » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Chunter444 wrote:Have had ADSL with Exetel for 3 years so decided to take up a mobile plan as it seemed pretty simple and good value, that is until I tried to port my existing mobile number across, and after holding for 35 minutes was told that that to use my existing number I would have to either cancel my new Exetel contract and re-apply indicating that i want t use my existing number or just pay for another contract and not use the other one.

Now it seems I can neither cancel or transfer my number without incurring cancellation fees. I've been with al the major telcos and transferring a number has never been an issue before usually takes 10 minutes at most. What is going on?
Hi Chunter444,

Welcome to Exetel forum :) . Could you please PM me your service number or update the thread with a ticket reference number to investigate the issue.

Chunter444

Post by Chunter444 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Hi Kavinda,

The ticket number is below:
[Exetel Residential Support #4545056] Porting existing number across to new Mobile service

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi,

We will need your mobile service number to look into this. Please provide it to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au and copy chriss@exetel.com.au

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Chunter444 wrote:Hi Kavinda,

The ticket number is below:
[Exetel Residential Support #4545056] Porting existing number across to new Mobile service
Email has been already sent to you. Please reply to the email accordingly.