Unsatisfactory customer service

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
dougy

Unsatisfactory customer service

Post by dougy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:20 pm

I've been quite satisfied with Exetel service for years, however recent attempts to have a problem resolved (one clearly made by Exetel staff) have proven to be an exercise in frustration. How is one supposed to communicate with billing when no contact number is provided ?? I've already tried new business & support, neither of which achieved anything of consequence. Matter concerns a plan change that has been a stuffup right from the beginning, new business claims they have no knowledge of plan changes, support claims they don't have any record of the new plan (despite six separate emails from Exetel during September 2011 detailing the new plans), and the customer site tells me the plan change is still 'pending' AFTER THREE MONTHS !!!!. Confirmation of the plan change was emailed on 19/9/11 & there were subsequent phone calls to support re enabling voice calls (not available on the old plan). Despite all this palaver, I'm not receiving any other benefits of the new plan & it doesn't appear possible to contact anyone at Exetel with the ability to sort out the mess. In desperation, I've registered the matter with the TIO, now need to wait til either someone at Exetel responds or the TIO starts cracking the whip. FWIW, relevant reference numbers are 4675729, 4675523 & 11368473 (TIO)

shoner

Re: Unsatisfactory customer service

Post by shoner » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:47 pm

dougy wrote: I'm not receiving any other benefits of the new plan & it doesn't appear possible to contact anyone at Exetel with the ability to sort out the mess. In desperation, I've registered the matter with the TIO, now need to wait til either someone at Exetel responds or the TIO starts cracking the whip. FWIW, relevant reference numbers are 4675729, 4675523 & 11368473 (TIO)
We apologies for the inconvenience. A billing representative is already investigating your query. You will receive a response to your ticket soon.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Unsatisfactory customer service

Post by jokiin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Completely understand your desire to speak to someone, I know when you speak with someone that it is easier to decide for yourself whether the person you're speaking to is on the same page or not, billing issues are always dealt with in writing though so that there is an audit trail of what has happened, the way it has always been handled and I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon, even if you could have spoken to someone you would have still needed to put it in writing I guess so no benefit to be had as such